• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have to agree on the whole why carry in the open? It gives away any chance of suprise or shock when they (thugs) know you are carrying. I also think that after being asked to leave you were in the wrong and did a great many of us a disservive by standing there and arguing or challanging the managers position. You should have left immediatly and called to make an appointment with the general store manager and come back without the weapon to discuss the policy and how its chossen to be enforced. Thank you for making it more difficult for people that dont carry open.
    Spell Check is your friend... ;)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Poor Noob... :):

itsonlyingo.jpg

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    certainly not a noob, I have found its better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt. I sometimes misspell things when I type in an excited manner. Im not really worried about my spell check, thats not the matter at hand.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    certainly not a noob, I have found its better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt. I sometimes misspell things when I type in an excited manner. Im not really worried about my spell check, thats not the matter at hand.

No, the matter at hand is that you offered no proof for your "side" of the OC/CC debate, but instead rehashed talking points about it that have been discussed, and pretty well disproved, many many many times over on this Forum. Not only that, this wasn't an OC/CC debate, this was one person's account of what happened to them personally.

Feel free to drop into one of the OC/CC debate threads, and back up your position with facts, empirical evidence, etc if you REALLY want to debate the issue..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have to agree on the whole why carry in the open? It gives away any chance of suprise or shock when they (thugs) know you are carrying. I also think that after being asked to leave you were in the wrong and did a great many of us a disservive by standing there and arguing or challanging the managers position. You should have left immediatly and called to make an appointment with the general store manager and come back without the weapon to discuss the policy and how its chossen to be enforced. Thank you for making it more difficult for people that dont carry open.

I have found its better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt.

Oops.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I only made it through reading half of this before his big words confused me :rolleyes:

There are a lot of uneducated, simple-minded people who post on this forum. For the most part, it's the same on any website forum. There is nothing wrong with being uneducated or simple-minded; it describes the majority of Americans. We come here from a quite gregarious background of experiences, educations and intellects. With that preface.....

We can carry openly in a lot of places. We can do so without infringing on anyone else in many of them. However, there are places where open carry is trumped by another, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT right: Property rights. If you want to carry openly on a public sidewalk, you can do so all day long w/o infringing on someone else's rights. The moment you enter a private business, however, you bring your openly carried gun into an environment where other patrons may exit the store solely because you are there. If so, you have cost the merchant business. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM, OPENLY OR CONCEALED, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. The property owner, or their employees who are charged with protecting the bottom-line of the business, can and SHOULD ask you to leave if it is their belief that your presence is costing them a dime in potential profit. No, they are NOT going against "Indiana law", Kroger policy, etc. Educate yourselves before you spew such nonsense which immediately categorizes you with the uneducated.

No, it is NOT Kroger policy that you can carry openly in their store. Kroger has no stated policy either way. Kroger's property rights must ALWAYS trump your 2nd Amendment rights. Always. It doesn't take a store manager to ask you to leave. The moment you are asked to leave by an employee of the store, you are legally obligated to do so. There is ZERO reason for someone to openly carry a gun in a grocery store. Someone who does so not only demonstrates an intellect & maturity insufficient to be carrying a gun in the first place, they also become the enemy of all who responsibly carry a gun. It is IDIOTS who are constantly trying to provoke by openly carrying their gun, so they can be somebody, who threatens the gun rights of all of us. It is this nonsense that will eventually cost all of us the right to carry, open or not. Use some common sense.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Abe Lincoln never spoke more wiser words for the man who just opened that Pandora's box and stuck his right foot in it, and placed the left foot in one of two other locations.

Opps, is right. If he had paid any attention in his dubious lurking here, he would have ran across the several discussions of how there's never been any proof that an OC'r was singled out or targeted because of OCing.

I think in honor of this, Saturday I'm going to tape my shirt halfway up my holster so I can proudly be a 50/50'er.:cool:

Now where's that little 5 year old girl when you need her.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Maybe you should take your own advice, because now we have no doubt.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Keyboards were set up for Two Handed Typing. just sayin' :):

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    i have be asked to cover it up or leave at kroger (n. clinton ft wayne indiana) but since the new law from the fed i have open carried there with no issues. i guess it vaires from store to store depends on the manager on duty

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    i have be asked to cover it up or leave at kroger (n. clinton ft wayne indiana) but since the new law from the fed i have open carried there with no issues. i guess it vaires from store to store depends on the manager on duty
    What new law from the fed? Did the feds pass a law saying it's okay to OC in Kroger?

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    my bad meant to say state law saying no city, township, or county can make rules saying u cant carry , i guess they assume even though its private property they (kroger n. clinton) should lessen their stance on oc in the store, thanks for catching that for me

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    i'm sure its only going to take one patron to say something about me oc there and they will ask again. doesnt really matter their place so i'll do as they ask.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    How about this:

"Dear Kroger,

I was asked this evening to leave one of your stores because I was carrying a gun in plain sight. I realize that I could carry my gun in a concealed fashion, and disturb no one, and not cause any commotion in your store that might cost you a sale, but I have this ego thing that makes me want to be Clint Eastwood and carry my gun so people can see that I'm somebody. If I had to carry it concealed, I couldn't show off and would be nobody.

Thank you for exercising your property owner rights and safeguarding your financial bottom line. I fully agree that there is no reason for me, or anyone, to carry a firearm in open sight in an environment where it may not be appreciated and cost a merchant business. I didn't think. I'll try harder next time."

Tweek that a little and fire it off to Kroger.

Classic

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    "Tweek that a little and fire it off to Kroger."????

Tweek??? Is that some new form of tweaking and tweeting? So edit the copy then post it to twitter?

Top Bottom