"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    15895255_1810722432535697_2410612675716937547_n.jpg

Huh. An apparent failure of imagination. There are millions and millions of handguns in the US, owned by millions and millions of law abiding owners. Somehow, there aren't millions and millions of people killed with all these guns. I wonder what other purpose there could possibly be. It's just a mystery I guess.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh. An apparent failure of imagination. There are millions and millions of handguns in the US, owned by millions and millions of law abiding owners. Somehow, there aren't millions and millions of people killed with all these guns. I wonder what other purpose there could possibly be. It's just a mystery I guess.
    Yeah...By that logic 90% of DUI wrecks and deaths are committed with cars -- good for killing people, not much else.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah...By that logic 90% of DUI wrecks and deaths are committed with cars -- good for killing people, not much else.
    Here are some entertaining stats. There are an estimated ~253 million cars and trucks in the US.

All deaths by cars/trucks account for around 30,000 deaths per year. I have seen statistics that estimate the number of guns in the US is between 300 - 350 million (so 50 to 100 million more than cars)

Deaths by guns are slightly less than by car/truck if you include all gun deaths, including accidental and suicide. Obviously that makes the death rate by car higher than guns. Yet the only purpose for guns is killing people?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Weren't there several people on here telling me that no go zones in France was a bunch of ****?

Well, I guess if you are a woman...... they don't really count anyhow.

[video=youtube;5tSYGfEg1IY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tSYGfEg1IY[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I don't see the issue with his statement. Maybe he expects handgun to be good for hammering nails, answering calls, digging holes, being a wi-fi hot spot, inflating a tire, or casting a fishing line. I'm perfectly fine with it being satisfactory tool at doing one thing. It's how people choose to use the tool that's the problem, not the tool itself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see the issue with his statement. Maybe he expects handgun to be good for hammering nails, answering calls, digging holes, being a wi-fi hot spot, inflating a tire, or casting a fishing line. I'm perfectly fine with it being satisfactory tool at doing one thing. It's how people choose to use the tool that's the problem, not the tool itself.

I think his statement needs to be challenged. Yes, I do carry a firearm for protection and that is indeed lethal force. But, I have some guns I only ever use at the range. My .22LR target pistols are handguns, but they're used exclusively at the range. They are never loaded when not at the range. Even though they can be lethal, they aren't as well suited for lethal force as the other guns I have.

I have some 9mm and 10mm pistols that are well suited for lethal force, but I use them exclusively at the range. I have a couple of evil black rifles, but I don't hunt or kill anything with them, and I don't use them for defensive purposes. Like many of my handguns, I use them exclusively for the range because I enjoy target shooting with them. For my purposes, most of the guns I own are not tools of carnage. They are sporting goods. Toys. A hobby. For some a passion or addiction.

The point is, these people are saying that the only purpose that could ever be conceived for all handguns, or even any firearm, is killing. That's simply not true. There is overwhelming evidence of this, given the 300+ million guns in the US that don't end up killing people. Yes, law abiding gun owners use them for defensive lethal force. But law abiding gun owners also use firearms for sporting and completion, and also just for plinking because it's fun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    4 arrested in torture shared on Facebook Live
    Warning, language

[video=youtube;nW-qhAAhMyY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW-qhAAhMyY[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kenya-moore-stands-her-decision-132219005.html
    Kenya Moore Stands By Her Decision to Pull Gun on Home Intruders

Why should she have to "stand by her decision"?
    Where the F is our country headed, when people question you defending yourself, even in your home?

Some comments
    Its pathetic that liberals are harassing this woman...

Baseball8791

10 hours ago
    Hell yeah she has every right to defend herself with a gun. This is America. Good for her and thanks to Trump we'll continue to have that right.

stevet

10 hours ago
    So why is defending your home a issue? That woman should be applauded and the three thugs should be locked up.

Ralph

10 hours ago
    Not a reality show buff, but she is 100% correct. Self, family, and property protection is the first law of nature and should be encouraged. Sick and tired of liberal minded criminal coddlers criticizing anyone for protecting any and all of the above.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apparent torture video prompts police investigation | abc7chicago.com
    Apparent torture video prompts police investigation

CHICAGO (WLS) --
    The Chicago Police Department is investigating an apparent torture video after a disoriented man was found walking around on Chicago's West Side.

Officers responded to a battery at a residence in the 3300-block of West Lexington Street at 5:26 p.m. Tuesday and found signs of a struggle and damage to property when they arrived. Police said they believe this scene is connected to the disoriented man.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That needs it's own thread. It's blowing up right now.

I'm logging off for dinner, some typing, and sleep.
    Feel free to make one. I won't be mad.

For the record, I don't care the race of the attacker, the race of the victim, or what presidential candidate they support or hate.
    I just hate people that torture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom