"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    XP was the last operating system that actually worked. Makes me feel better that's what's being used. Especially over windows 10.

I strongly disagree. 7 is rock solid. Still waiting for an OS to be as stable as 7. 8.1, and 10 do well, but not quite as good.

The biggest problem is with people who try to run XP era accessories on 7 and higher, or on old hardware that wasnt designed for 7 and higher. If you dont have OS version compatible drivers, you will introduce failures.

Saying 7 doesnt work well because you try to use it on a PC that isnt supported, or because your peripherals are too old is like complaining to GM that the motor sucks because you use crappy accessories that were never designed for your car.

Driver: My engine performance sucks!
    GM: What air filter are you using?
    Driver: I love this air filter model that I've used for years. It worked AWESOME on my old car.
    GM: That is not a compatible filter. Thats your problem.
    Driver: I dont care! This filter has worked FINE for YEARS on my old car. You are just making excuses for your crappy engine.
    GM:When did it start? Did it ever run well?
    Driver: It ran fine for the first 10,000 miles. At the second oil change I did all the required maintenance and it hasnt worked since.
    GM: The air filter is prescribed at the 10,000 interval. Is that when you replaced the air filter?
    Driver: Of course. And I used the same one I always have and Ive had problems with this piece of crap ever since! And dont tell me its the filter. I have over 200k miles of experience with it on my old car.

EDIT: for the record, Vista DID suck, and 8.0 just a bit less.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a laptop at work running XP. It won't connect to the internet. The only thing that goes in from the "outside world" is flash drives, that have already been scanned by my home computer.

I'm reasonably certain it's safe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Since the sub I was on was commissioned in 1961, I didn't have to worry about "operating systems".

Well, maybe when we pulled into St. Croix USVI, and the entire engineering crew, I mean operating system, was 3 sheets to the wind.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I strongly disagree. 7 is rock solid. Still waiting for an OS to be as stable as 7. 8.1, and 10 do well, but not quite as good.

The biggest problem is with people who try to run XP era accessories on 7 and higher, or on old hardware that wasnt designed for 7 and higher. If you dont have OS version compatible drivers, you will introduce failures.

Saying 7 doesnt work well because you try to use it on a PC that isnt supported, or because your peripherals are too old is like complaining to GM that the motor sucks because you use crappy accessories that were never designed for your car.

Driver: My engine performance sucks!
    GM: What air filter are you using?
    Driver: I love this air filter model that I've used for years. It worked AWESOME on my old car.
    GM: That is not a compatible filter. Thats your problem.
    Driver: I dont care! This filter has worked FINE for YEARS on my old car. You are just making excuses for your crappy engine.
    GM:When did it start? Did it ever run well?
    Driver: It ran fine for the first 10,000 miles. At the second oil change I did all the required maintenance and it hasnt worked since.
    GM: The air filter is prescribed at the 10,000 interval. Is that when you replaced the air filter?
    Driver: Of course. And I used the same one I always have and Ive had problems with this piece of crap ever since! And dont tell me its the filter. I have over 200k miles of experience with it on my old car.

You've had better luck than I then. I use them to program phone systems and the new OPs are so busy trying to out think me, they won't just do what I tell them to. I find it horribly annoying. XP never did that.

Ohhhhh, and the CONSTANT updates that cause compatibility issues between the PC and the system I'm trying to program, that you can't turn off. (Windows 10)

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis

<SNIP>

This was typed on a standard Dell running Vista--I have the fastest wifi speeds in the house vs every other version of Windows since then. I've had less problems over the ten or however many years I've had this than any of those computers have.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This was typed on a standard Dell running Vista--I have the fastest wifi speeds in the house vs every other version of Windows since then. I've had less problems over the ten or however many years I've had this than any of those computers have.

Fast wifi is based on wifi hardware, not OS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

A whole inch shorter than his doctor reported? OMG :runaway: that completely disqualifies him as POTUS! Thank the tireless journalists for apprising the masses of this great injustice.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And someone asked why I don't trust certain sources.

As for California ceceding, fine and Hillary can be queen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A whole inch shorter than his doctor reported? OMG :runaway: that completely disqualifies him as POTUS! Thank the tireless journalists for apprising the masses of this great injustice.

This is the exact reason I dont run for public office. I have the same "problem".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And someone asked why I don't trust certain sources.

As for California ceceding, fine and Hillary can be queen.

No! I want drought and economics to drive out all the whiners. When the population gets down to about 1/10 to 1/3 of what it currently is we could remake the place into a sportsman's paradise. Might have to wait until after that 7.6 solves the bay area problem

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I suppose when Cali secedes we will have to keep our Naval and marine bases like we did in Cuba.

As for the 7.6, curse Super Man for foiling Lex Luthor's plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom