"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, gay marriage is legal in America.... and they kill gays in Iran.

So... Slate is ****ing retarded.

CxqkLf1VQAAlkeh.jpg:small

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Apparently it's illegal to require that law enforcement officers be U.S. citizens to get hired on. The article doesn't really make clear whether this policy if designed to open up job opportunities to legal immigrants in the U.S. on work visas, or if it applies to immigrants here illegally too.

DOJ fines Denver Sheriff Dept. for excluding noncitizens when hiring | Washington Examiner!

The Denver Sheriff Department will accept a penalty from the Department of Justice after a federal probe found it wrongly made U.S. citizenship a job requirement during a recent hiring spree.

The sheriff's department — the biggest sheriff's office in Colorado — will pay a $10,000 fine after it required applications for deputy sheriff jobs to be U.S. citizens when hiring from the beginning of 2015 through March 2016. The department went on a hiring spree of 200 deputies as part of its ongoing reform.

The department will also have to go through old applications to find applicants who were eliminated because of their citizenship status and reconsider them for future jobs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, I wish a better Republican had won the Whitehouse. But nevertheless this nonsense will likely stop in a couple of months.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I wish a better Republican had won the Whitehouse. But nevertheless this nonsense will likely stop in a couple of months.

I understand what you are saying. Do you really think that any of the also rans has the [STRIKE]intestinal fortitude[/STRIKE] B***s to face the media the way Trump did?

He is not my ideal pick, but Hillary would most likely be the President Elect having run against "anyone" else in the field.

Look at the last two election cycles and tell me I am wrong.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Not sure if srs?

Yes. I am serious. I don't know the backstory on the rule the department broke or its intended purpose. The article was framed in a way that it seemed to me like it was designed to gin up outrage by implying the department would be forced to open up the hiring process to illegal immigrants. Obviously that would be disingenuous and sensationalist if that were done deliberately.

I wanted to raise the point that the rule prohibiting a citizenship requirement might actually be well intended and readers should think about it a bit more deeply before getting their panties twisted.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Look at her picture, she is obviously an Elf. They believe in all natural medicine.
    But seriously this thread has taught me that no matter how low I think people can sink as human beings, there is always someone out there that can show a whole new lower level to sink to.

Yup. Throughout history, there have been scum.

She lives 2 towns over from me, about 20 minutes or so. I'm not excusing her in any way. But there are a few things that the articles left out. She lost her husband to cancer in the last year or so, and both her kids have cancer now. My wife knows some mutual acquaintances of her, and according to them she used to be normal and a good mother/wife. She just lost it. Or as they put it "She went round the bend". She honestly thought she was helping him by doing this, she believed he would get put in a different ward and get better care.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    One of Rhino's relatives?

[video=youtube;0QaAKi0NFkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaAKi0NFkA[/video]

If you look closely, one claw is smaller because it had to regrow after a tragic knife accident.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    THis is a perfect example of where "an eye for an eye" should be applied. Inject her sorry a** with feces and let her suffer. If she is lucky she will survive.

At the risk of turning the discussion theological....that's not what that means. That phrase, in context, is a directive that punishment be proportional and not not unduly harsh, not a directive that the punishment needs to be the same as the crime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom