"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Reporter Tries to Buy Gun, Fails Instant Background Check

In an attempt to show how easy it is to buy a modern sporting rifle, Neil Steinberg, of the Chicago Sun-Times, was denied by the store owner’s because “it was uncovered that Mr. Steinberg has an admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife.”

Anyone else find this story odd?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Its my understanding that the NICS agent simply gives a proceed/denied/delayed to the LGS. (and a transaction number so the citizen can appeal a denial)

How did the LGS find out these sordid details, especially with the timeline as written in the original article? The original story indicated that he went to buy it, was delayed, then later denied. The LGS " called him to tell them they werent selling him the gun and refused to tell the journalist why 'because we don't have to'. Later it was revealed it was because of his legal troubles." (paraphrased) And it was eluded to that the LGS knew what the trouble was. How did the LGS know about those unless someone like the journalist told them? Would you expect the journalist to actually admit that is why he was prevented? And why wouldn't the original story indicate he told them?

It just seems too perfect, with too many people privy to too much info that they shouldn't have to be totally as advertised.

Don't get me wrong, I love how it all shook out; it just doesn't pass the sniff test for being a 100% legit story. It sounds too embellished and too perfect.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Google. Delayed gives them both time and reason to do a little follow-up on their own.

One story I read reported that the shop owner recognized the guy's name and knew there was a reporter with that name. He and asked him if he was the reporter in question and he confirmed that he was.

A Google search would have turned up a story from a competing paper reporting on the previous arrest.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But...but.. he's a veteran!

"Arms training began in Army ROTC" not before.

Yeah...still human, still fallible. I fail to see how his actions makes an impact on the psychos that commit these crimes.

If he's for realz, it's just more faux moral superiority. He's a "responsible" gun owner. "Responsible" gun owners don't own dangerous guns. You know, because the others aren't dangerous, I guess.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ban loud noises

UT4jUxk.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

How can there be a civil discussion with this?

@seanmdav no, son, I'm angry because pig nra lobbyist have brainwashed people like u into thinking military-grade death tools are a C right

By "military grade" I assume he means mill spec. Because mil spec components on a firearm makes that firearm extra machine gunny.

@seanmdav i'm calling semi-automatic machines machine guns. You don't get to pick my terms. Your NRA buzzwords don't apply to me

How can you respond to that without employing some ridicule, because it is truly, mostly literally, ridiculous. How does anyone take him seriously. He sounds like he's 13 years old and just got his first twitter account.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How can there be a civil discussion with this?

@seanmdav no, son, I'm angry because pig nra lobbyist have brainwashed people like u into thinking military-grade death tools are a C right

By "military grade" I assume he means mill spec. Because mil spec components on a firearm makes that firearm extra machine gunny.

@seanmdav i'm calling semi-automatic machines machine guns. You don't get to pick my terms. Your NRA buzzwords don't apply to me

How can you respond to that without employing some ridicule, because it is truly, mostly literally, ridiculous. How does anyone take him seriously. He sounds like he's 13 years old and just got his first twitter account.

Well, I'm sure he also refers to himself as a "man" and "sane" so you cant help but feel sorry for him realizing that his reality is not ours. Obviously he makes it up as he goes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom