"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Broke: Gaming is a mental health disorder.

Woke:

DgYqi3mV4AYdgBp.jpg:small

To be honest... I know a LOT of people that the above absolutely holds true. lol

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You obviously don't know that the best mozzarella comes from buffalo milk.

And goat's milk is delicious. Sheep's milk cheese is good too.

Horse milk is fermented into a beverage favored among nomadic people of the central Asian steppes.
    Genghis Khan's Army drank their horse's milk.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gaming is a mental health disorder but someone believing they are one of 57 genders beyond the only 2 there are is not... sounds about right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gaming is a mental health disorder but someone believing they are one of 57 genders beyond the only 2 there are is not... sounds about right.
    To be fair they’re not saying gaming is the disorder. The addiction to gaming is. If you can’t pull yourself away long enough to pee, I’m okay with calling that a disorder.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To be fair they’re not saying gaming is the disorder. The addiction to gaming is. If you can’t pull yourself away long enough to pee, I’m okay with calling that a disorder.

Every time the 'next big game' comes out, they push the disorder/addiction stories. Pokemon GO, Words with Friends, World of Warcraft, Fortnite...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Every time the 'next big game' comes out, they push the disorder/addiction stories. Pokemon GO, Words with Friends, World of Warcraft, Fortnite...
    Most people can binge a new game and that’s fine, but if you can’t assend the basement for three weeks straight, have **** bottles and high octane beverage cans strewn all over, and can’t hold a job because gaming is so much more than providing a living for yourself, yeah. That’s a disorder.

The problem is that both sides misrepresent the literature. The anti-gamers try to impune all gaming with it and the pro-gamers try to say that any criticism of any gaming is inaccurate. It’s kinda like what’s happening here. You’re trying to say everyone is saying more than they’re saying, as if they’re saying that LIKING to game is a disorder. The real literature that I’ve read says yeah, it can be a problem if it’s disrupting your ability function in life. That’s where it becomes a disorder. It’s not a problem with the vast majority of gamers.

And the other side latches onto that and tries to make the literature on it say that it’s gaming itself. C’.mon It’s not dispariging you unless you’re unemployed, and haven’t left your mom’s basement for months, because you can’t put the VR down when it’s time to go to work, or even pee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    BTW, the definition of a mental disorder is a pattern of thinking or behavior which disables or severely inhibits normal functioning. Getting up to pee is normal. Going out into the world to earn a living is normal. Choosing to set aside time to binge a new game, and then resuming normal life functions is not a disorder. It’s only a disorder when you can’t make yourself do normal functions, because you’re addicted. Some people are addicted to video games to the point where they can’t function. Saying that isn’t blaming the game any more than saying anything is the fault of the thing people slare addicted to. Some people are just prone to addiction.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Everyone needs a hobby. Your hobby doesn’t need to be understood by everyone. The key is keeping everything you do in perspective and having your priorities straight.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Isn't that how McDonald's makes their special sauce?

Guy at work kept stealing food.
    He even stole two of my frozen dinners I keep in case I get held over.
    Not only did he steal them, he turned the box around, and put it back in the freezer, with the open side in the back.
    So, one day before a double shift (quick turn around, off only 8 hours before coming back for 16), I knew I wouldn't have time, so I checked the freezer, had 2 dinners.
    Come in the next day, WTF? EMPTY BOXES! :xmad:

Anyway, someone got tired of it, made a sandwich with mayo, and left it out in the sun.
    Then brought it in, marked with their name on it, and MY FOOD, DO NOT EAT written on it.

Sandwich disappeared.
    And, the suspect called off sick a couple days.

No, it wasn't me.
    But I did laugh maybe a little.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Not only did he steal them, he turned the box around, and put it back in the freezer, with the open side in the back.
    So, one day before a double shift (quick turn around, off only 8 hours before coming back for 16), I knew I wouldn't have time, so I checked the freezer, had 2 dinners.

Anyway, someone got tired of it, made a sandwich with mayo, and left it out in the sun.
    Then brought it in, marked with their name on it, and MY FOOD, DO NOT EAT written on it.

Sandwich disappeared.

No, it wasn't me.

These won't work with frozen dinners, but are a good option to stop sandwich thieves.

anti-theft-moldy-lunch-bags-4.jpg

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

Sandwich disappeared.

No, it wasn't me.

Coworker had similar situation at his previous job. Solved it with some powdered ex-lax pills on pizza. ;)

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Sandwich disappeared.

No, it wasn't me.

In my misspent youth before I knew better, worked at a Marina. Brought a gallon of iced tea everyday when it was hot. It disappeared almost everyday , so I brewed it with a laxative one day. By noon we knew who the thief was.

Don

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom