"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Served remains at BBQ? We need to ban the movie Fried Green Tomatoes!

[video=youtube;1rWs4JBCqG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWs4JBCqG8[/video]

And Motel Hell because meat is meat and a man's got to eat.

[video=youtube;i-bRuSNSvcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bRuSNSvcU[/video]

Is it a strange coincidence that after the banhammer swings and members are never heard from again that INGO suddenly is flooded with offers of cheeseburgers?

:dunno:
    :scratch:

:mods:

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Drugs are involved in almost every one of these situations, making it real hard to go along with a libertarian drug policy.

These situations all occurred under a non-libertarian drug policy.

Decriminalizing drugs wouldn't decriminalize real crimes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Drugs are involved in almost every one of these situations, making it real hard to go along with a libertarian drug policy.
    There are two economies. One aboveground and one underground. As ATM said, whatever happened, happened from the underground economy that exists despite the current law. Banning drugs obviously didn’t keep the thing from happening.

However, I doubt the libertarian solution would be likely be all that practical either. But at least legalize some drugs like MJ. That would put a stop to sending so many young people to Criminal University, where the victimless criminals learn to victimize people.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Served remains at BBQ? We need to ban the movie Fried Green Tomatoes!

[video=youtube;1rWs4JBCqG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWs4JBCqG8[/video]

And Motel Hell because meat is meat and a man's got to eat.

[video=youtube;i-bRuSNSvcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-bRuSNSvcU[/video]

Is it a strange coincidence that after the banhammer swings and members are never heard from again that INGO suddenly is flooded with offers of cheeseburgers?

:dunno:
    :scratch:

:mods:

The conspiracy runs deep and far, I've attended a couple of Cheeseburger Summits, and they've been held at different restaurants? Is there an underworld restaurant cabal we've not heard of?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There are two economies. One aboveground and one underground. As ATM said, whatever happened, happened from the underground economy that exists despite the current law. Banning drugs obviously didn’t keep the thing from happening.

However, I doubt the libertarian solution would be likely be all that practical either. But at least legalize some drugs like MJ. That would put a stop to sending so many young people to Criminal University, where the victimless criminals learn to victimize people.
    C'mon man who is dense enough to believe the underground just goes above ground after decriminalization? I know of first hand incidents with "legal" growers in CA and CO not having "enough" so they continue on in the criminal underground and try to "legitimize" the illegal gains through the legal side of the business. Legal or not, drugs will ALWAYS fuel criminal pursuits.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

That depends. Assuming the .gov taxes mj like cigarettes, they won’t like being underbid by the underground growers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom