"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Hollywood has no new ideas. Thomas Magnum has a mustache and Higgins is a cranky guy. If you cannot follow these rules please give your show a different name.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hollywood has no new ideas. Thomas Magnum has a mustache and Higgins is a cranky guy. If you cannot follow these rules please give your show a different name.

To his credit, Higgins was cranky too. Just in a reserved, British way.

But still. No matter what you call it, if its not Selleck/Hillerman its not the same. Sorry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For those who haven't seen the trailer. Didn't look too bad to me. Paid some homages to the original series. I imagine, since one of the creators is from F&F, that it will go heavy on exotic cars.

[video=youtube;qMmv9JFOEB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmv9JFOEB0[/video]

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'll give it a go. Magnum was pretty iconic, so they'll have to work pretty hard to make it good. Sadly, 80's action TV shows haven't fared well as remakes. *cough cough* Knight Rider *cough cough*

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For those who haven't seen the trailer. Didn't look too bad to me. Paid some homages to the original series. I imagine, since one of the creators is from F&F, that it will go heavy on exotic cars.

[video=youtube;qMmv9JFOEB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMmv9JFOEB0[/video]

Conceptually, no issue. Seems to want to "honor" the original.

A couple of points- T.C. as Marine chopper pilot with the rank of Staff Sergeant? He must be a rare commodity.

Second, I can let the 'stache go, I mean, Tom Selleck is Tom Selleck and this guy can be Magnum, but he's not trying to be Tom Selleck. HOWEVER, he should be carryong a 1911 sans​ holster stuck in the back waistband of his shorts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Time to ban assault vehicles.

[h=1]Family blames mental illness for father crashing into restaurant killing 2[/h]

Rammell said Roger Self has been dealing with mental illness, including anxiety, depression, and mental breakdowns in recent months, and he had sought medical help.
    “Family has been loving him through this,” Rammell said. “He's been taking precautions. He had all the guns removed from his house, so he was taking steps that were rational steps."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A couple of points- T.C. as Marine chopper pilot with the rank of Staff Sergeant? He must be a rare commodity.

Second, I can let the 'stache go, I mean, Tom Selleck is Tom Selleck and this guy can be Magnum, but he's not trying to be Tom Selleck. HOWEVER, he should be carryong a 1911 sans​ holster stuck in the back waistband of his shorts.

I'd rather not show guns like that. People have enough ideas.
    maybe, they could actually talk about why a holster IS a good idea.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I'll stick with Archer.

[video=youtube;Q7PEZMCHmxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7PEZMCHmxA[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People tell me cars.. "aren't weapons" and deaths by car aren't caused on purpose, therefore different than guns.
    I tell those people they are CRAP.
    A mass moving at a speed, is still a weapon, governed by the same physics.
    And.. cars have been used on purpose, to kill.
    I tell people, yeah, because people who are killed on purpose are so much deader than people who are killed by accident. If you’re stuck having to claim that’s the thing that justifies your hatred of guns and love of cars, your think-fu is weak.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dd0BXP0V0AAEiss.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom