"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad...find-job-shes-fired-hair-color-015810885.html

Dad takes to Twitter to help teen daughter find job.

Well, we're only seeing one side of the story here.
    Supposedly she was fired for her hair color. Yet, she says there were others with oddly colored hair that weren't fired.
    So.. maybe she just sucked at her job?

Next, it's great that Dad is supportive.
    But him helping his NINETEEN year old daughter a job kinda sends the message to an employer that she can't do her own work.
    At least, that's what it seems to me.
    19 is an ADULT. Not a child.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Well, we're only seeing one side of the story here.
    Supposedly she was fired for her hair color...

Stop there. I'll take it on face value- she was fired for her hair color.

I guess we know exactly how much she values work. Much less than an Easter egg-hued gourd. I hope future employers take note.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad...find-job-shes-fired-hair-color-015810885.html

Dad takes to Twitter to help teen daughter find job.

Well, we're only seeing one side of the story here.
    Supposedly she was fired for her hair color. Yet, she says there were others with oddly colored hair that weren't fired.
    So.. maybe she just sucked at her job?

Next, it's great that Dad is supportive.
    But him helping his NINETEEN year old daughter a job kinda sends the message to an employer that she can't do her own work.
    At least, that's what it seems to me.
    19 is an ADULT. Not a child.
    That was my first thoughts. If I'm a perspective employer and I see her dad trying to knock on doors instead of her, I'm thinking, NEXT!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Stop there. I'll take it on face value- she was fired for her hair color.

I guess we know exactly how much she values work. Much less than an Easter egg-hued gourd. I hope future employers take note.

Wait, wait, wait, "hair colour"... yeah, I've lost interest.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The one woman yelling, "Stop, there's kids".
    Was she yelling at the officers, or the people?

And yes, I agree, it was "dangerous restraint".
    But, if someone had been shot, then it'd be splashed all over the news, and people would be saying how they overreacted.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    The one woman yelling, "Stop, there's kids".
    Was she yelling at the officers, or the people?

And yes, I agree, it was "dangerous restraint".
    But, if someone had been shot, then it'd be splashed all over the news, and people would be saying how they overreacted.

I think she was yelling at the officers. The people involved sounded foreign, maybe they deal with police differently where they are from. Slip them a 20 and everything is good or something.

Even though the video looked like a real s***show for the officers things probably turned out as well as they could have considering what was going on. Looked like no one was seriously hurt. The massive amount of restraint paid off in this instance.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I admire their restraint. They had every right to go medieval on those idiots and didn't.

While I admire their restraint, I'm sure it was more self preservation of not wanting to be on CNN and youtube prior to any law suit... I agree they had a right to go off on them, and I wish they indeed had, but it's probably better (at least for them, and their families) they didn't.

Problem is, being outnumbered like that can go so bad so quickly this could have been a fallen officer incident in a matter of seconds. Would have been a great time for a K9 unit.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My kid got me started watching the show, Live PD.

In light of what is reported in media about the state of policing these days, the amount of patience and restraint demonstrated by the officers that show follows is downright shocking.;)

I tuned in for, at the very least, some serious curbstomping.:popcorn:

What you get repeatedly is cops being nice to people.:n00b: Even people who are in great need of a good arse kickin.

You see cops demonstrating incredible levels of patience with people who have done nothing to deserve such respectful treatment.

It's kinda like the portrayal of cops in the mainstream media is somehow... Well... Biased.:dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That is the most insane crap... The world is truly gone off the deep end.

We save Europe from annihilation twice in the last 100 years, and it is still hell bent self destruction...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Be happy you don't live in the UK.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...urglar-12300739.amp?__twitter_impression=true

A pair of burglars break into a 78-year-old man's home. One of them, a 38-year-old armed with a stabbing implement, forces him into his kitchen. The homeowner manages to stab his attacker a single time. The police arrive later and... they arrest the homeowner for murder.
    Things I don't miss for $1,000 Alex.

If you want to hear something scary start talking with Brits who think that everyone should be obliged to retreat from an aggressor, even within their own home. Seems that there are Englishmen who no longer consider their home their castle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Be happy you don't live in the UK.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...urglar-12300739.amp?__twitter_impression=true

A pair of burglars break into a 78-year-old man's home. One of them, a 38-year-old armed with a stabbing implement, forces him into his kitchen. The homeowner manages to stab his attacker a single time. The police arrive later and... they arrest the homeowner for murder.

I know the sentiment of these people. It's pure unearned virtue. Someone once told me that if someone tries to kill her she'll just let them, rather than using deadly force to harm another living being. I'm pretty sure she orgasmed from her self-opinion when she said it. Put that self-righteous, unearned virtue into a law and you arrest individuals for trying to protect their own lives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom