"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I mean, you only have so many one-liners before you have to start repeating yourself.

DaomiXGUMAE0_jL.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean, you only have so many one-liners before you have to start repeating yourself.

DaomiXGUMAE0_jL.jpg:small

Maybe he’s going to keep repeating it until someone says he’s awesome.

He’s got a point though. A similar point can be made about “perfect”. Millennials seem to use it in place of “okay” or “acceptable”.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

He’s got a point though. A similar point can be made about “perfect”. Millennials seem to use it in place of “okay” or “acceptable”.

But then again, they were raised in a time when getting an "A" on a report card was as common as Halloween candy. Seems like everything like grades or accolades are inflated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The future Utopia built by today’s generation...

[video=youtube_share;9cQgQIMlwWw]http://youtu.be/9cQgQIMlwWw[/video]

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

I don't think I'll ever get used to this. To me it will always mean "flawless," "without any mistakes or problems," you know, perfect. Whenever the young people say it to me, I mentally go over a list about what is not perfect with the situation/event/world. Sometimes it is all I can do not to respond "No, it's NOT perfect, and you must be insensate or willfully ignorant to think it is."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think I'll ever get used to this. To me it will always mean "flawless," "without any mistakes or problems," you know, perfect. Whenever the young people say it to me, I mentally go over a list about what is not perfect with the situation/event/world. Sometimes it is all I can do not to respond "No, it's NOT perfect, and you must be insensate or willfully ignorant to think it is."
    Awesome is reserved for the Grand Canyon and God. And maybe Prince's Nashville Hot Chicken.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The first time I ever heard the millennial use of "perfect" was when I visited Portland OR a few years back. I went to a Peet's Coffee shop (excellent, but not perfect), and after I gave my order to the barista, she said, "Perfect, I'll get that right away." I really wanted to say, "What? My order was perfect? You mean, it's not possible for me to ever deliver an order better than that one? Is that really what you mean to convey? Because I think if I tried hard enough, I could probably come up with a better order than that." But she was really hot so I let it go and stared at her cleavage.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Or perhaps you guys care too much about semantics.

It's just small-talk. I use "awesome" and "perfect" in normal conversation. Guess I'm lucky to have not run into a stickler that felt like starting an argument about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's just small-talk. I use "awesome" and "perfect" in normal conversation. Guess I'm lucky to have not run into a stickler that felt like starting an argument about it.

Oh. Perfect! Now we're getting lectured on how we should keep misusing words just because it's a casual conversation. Can I mombo dogface to the banana patch?

Okay. I'll tell you what's awesome.

[video=youtube_share;i5qOzqD9Rms]http://youtu.be/i5qOzqD9Rms[/video]

Not perfect. But incredible.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

What to get lunch sometime? :whistle:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    How's this for a facepalm.... :ugh:

I thought I was done with this sheeeeet until next winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

And I was planning to take a Utah permit class tomorrow. Hope I can re-schedule!

WS1_zpsgoorjgde.jpg

WS2_zpspg0mcyl4.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom