"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) That's what they get for living in a desert. Water is a novelty.
    B) I've been drinking "raw water" for all but 6 years of my life (I'm on a well). Ain't dead yet.

Is the spring still flowing up in Carmel?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Oh, but one vote doesn't matter."

Well, this is THE bowl. A name will be drawn to determine the winner of the 94th district in VA, after there was an actual tie in the race. Bowl is on loan from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts & was made by a VA artist.

DStW2P0U0AIM-8y.jpg:small

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Well, this is THE bowl. A name will be drawn to determine the winner of the 94th district in VA, after there was an actual tie in the race. Bowl is on loan from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts & was made by a VA artist.

So either they don't have IKEA there or the artist knows someone who knows someone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is another race somewhere that they were doing something similar. But they were talking about using identical black 35mm film canisters. They were going to tumble them around and somebody was going to pick one of them. (each canister had a candidate's name)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm getting in on this on the ground level.............. Raw water. Why didn't I think of this?!

Dangerous raw water prices skyrocketing to $60 - Business Insider

I'd recommend getting in on the below ground level...

But I do know people that go get their water from artesian springs, there's one about 20-25 minutes from me in Carroll co. And when I used to live in NWI there is one in Gary that people used to rave about. I used to wonder why until I moved from there. Where I live now doesn't chlorinate the water near as much as they did up there. After my I got custody of my son and he complained about the water when he went back up there for visitation. He said it smelled/tasted like pool water. He's right.

Seems like a fair way to do it.

So either they don't have IKEA there or the artist knows someone who knows someone.
    Or nobody cooks? I've got plenty of bowls in my kitchen that would work. Although I do wonder what kind of bowl they would use if it was a tie in a marijuana referendum...

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

There is another race somewhere that they were doing something similar. But they were talking about using identical black 35mm film canisters. They were going to tumble them around and somebody was going to pick one of them. (each canister had a candidate's name)

This was the one. Republicans won and keep the Virginia House:

Virginia Republicans hold state House after candidate wins lucky draw - Chicago Tribune

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    0175 cents per ounce. How does that work at a fast food place where you get 20 ounces of ice and 8 ounces of soda in a cup? What if you order unsweet tea? Do they charge if you then add sugar?

Costco Exposes Seattle's Sugary Drink Tax With the Perfect Sign - Digital Politics Daily

I always order mine without ice. It's cold enough for me anyway, doesn't get diluted, and they replace all the ice with actual drink at the same price. These .gov geniuses always project tax revenues from an unchanged demand, but the tax lowers the demand. This is all social engineering anyway, tax the things you want less of, subsidize the things you want more of. They subsidize poverty, if that tells you anything.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A) That's what they get for living in a desert. Water is a novelty.
    B) I've been drinking "raw water" for all but 6 years of my life (I'm on a well). Ain't dead yet.

Is the spring still flowing up in Carmel?
    Since water is “raw” by default, the crazy facepalm thing is paying for it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom