"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Liberalism is a disease. Talk about short sighted. This crackpot actually thinks that her corpse is better suited as a fertilzer than to save lives via organ donation. (hint: you can do both)

"it is right for me. Screw you." I hope she opts out if she needs an organ.

liberalismselfish.JPG

Edit: I did later go on to respectfully suggest that she should refuse to accept an organ should she ever need one. After all the practice is either right or wrong. You cant have it both ways. (OK to receive but not OK to give)

EDIT: After a few more back and forths, she may have a reason to feel bad. She hasnt outright said it yet, but she implies in our discussion that although she refuses to donate after her death, she is perfectly fine accepting somebody else's donation should SHE need it. I have stated several times that she has nothing to feel bad about if she outright avoids the system, but if she intends to receive a transplant ever she SHOULD feel bad. She has not yet stated that she wouldnt participate on either side. Just implies that I am still making her feel bad even after telling her she has nothing to worry about if she abstains totally.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A prank can be a criminal behavior.

Wait the player was 25? Ignore everything I said about children in this case.

Send that punk to a federal PMITA penitentiary.

I know. But when you sic armed men with guns on another, it deserves to be called a different word...something, something-homicide, maybe.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/manslaughter

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.
    Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice. The unlawful killing of a human being without any deliberation, which may be involuntary, in the commission of a lawful act without due caution and circumspection.
    Manslaughter is a distinct crime and is not considered a lesser degree of murder. The essential distinction between the two offenses is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter. Manslaughter is not as serious a crime as murder. On the other hand, it is not a justifiable or excusable killing for which little or no punishment is imposed.

Only problem is the action was committed with malice and forethought. He "may" have not intended to kill the guy but when you sic armed men whose only information they have to act upon is the SWATtee has killed someone and is still armed, and is thought to still be dangerous...that's damned serious and it is a foreseeable possibility someone could be injured, possibly seriously, or gravely.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

If I were on the jury I would have no problem convicting this scumbag for Manslaughter. He probably intended on scaring the kid. Just like the youtuber intended on shooting into the phone book and accidentally killed her BF who was holding it. Just because you didnt mean to, doesnt mean you dont have some responsibility for their death. Accidents/unintended consequences still have legal penalties.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    On one hand I see no question that the miscreant who called in the police with a falsehood needs to spend decades in prison, but on the other hand, the trend I see with swatting incidents is that the swat team seems to shoot first and ask questions later. I find this disturbing.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    At the very least, manslaughter.

Only problem is the action was committed with malice and forethought. He "may" have not intended to kill the guy but when you sic armed men whose only information they have to act upon is the SWATtee has killed someone and is still armed, and is thought to still be dangerous...that's damned serious and it is a foreseeable possibility someone could be injured, possibly seriously, or gravely.

If I were on the jury I would have no problem convicting this scumbag for Manslaughter. He probably intended on scaring the kid. Just like the youtuber intended on shooting into the phone book and accidentally killed her BF who was holding it. Just because you didnt mean to, doesnt mean you dont have some responsibility for their death. Accidents/unintended consequences still have legal penalties.

Gentlemen, all excellent and thoughtful points.

So, charge him with BOTH murder (probably a lesser charge) AND manslaughter/negligent homicide.

As there are possible arguments well founded on both sides, let a jury of his peers review all of the evidence along with his pattern of behavior and they can come up with the proper outcome.

Justice is like a buffet, you might not find exactly what you want, but you won't go hungry.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The swat guy who killed the innocent man shares in the blame, at least a little. Unfortunately, “is it real” is a question that needs to be asked. Maybe it’s a legitimate life or death question if it’s exactly the circumstances described on the 911 call. But you make the decision to shoot that quickly and you’re making it what it is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The swat guy who killed the innocent man shares in the blame, at least a little. Unfortunately, “is it real” is a question that needs to be asked. Maybe it’s a legitimate life or death question if it’s exactly the circumstances described on the 911 call. But you make the decision to shoot that quickly and you’re making it what it is.

I'd say the knowledge you effed up and pulled the trigger on a totally innocent man who had absolutely nothing to do with the situation is a pretty good punishment.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Yeah, there's some blame there. You're entering a situation based on an anonymous story... so you feel like you've got the green-light to open-fire on whatever you see because the story could be true.

I don't know what the fix is for these... less itchy trigger fingers? Better methods of evaluating a threat?

When you see a guy walk out, unarmed... that's not the time to open fire.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, there's some blame there. You're entering a situation based on an anonymous story... so you feel like you've got the green-light to open-fire on whatever you see because the story could be true.

I don't know what the fix is for these... less itchy trigger fingers? Better methods of evaluating a threat?

When you see a guy walk out, unarmed... that's not the time to open fire.
    Training and consequences. Probably.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom