"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Woman killed in own home when Fort Worth officer shoots her, police and witness say

What in the **** kind of justification did this dude have to shoot from outside the house at a person inside the house. How ****ing sure of your target could you possibly be?

Several "leaders" were trying to make the Amber Guyger case about race and police misconduct. I thought, "you're crazy..."

Then this hits the fan. :n00b:

"I am ready to believe."

Yet, still not ready to believe that race played a part. And, this is a good reason to keep your house clean - looking in that door, there's stuff all over the floor like it was ransacked. And don't leave a handgun out in the open. Why was that just lying around with an 8 year old boy in the home?

Last edited:

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Several "leaders" were trying to make the Amber Guyger case about race and police misconduct. I thought, "you're crazy..."

"I am ready to believe."

Yet, still not ready to believe that race played a part. And, this is a good reason to keep your house clean - looking in that door, there's stuff all over the floor like it was ransacked. And don't leave a handgun out in the open. Why was that just lying around with an 8 year old boy in the home?

Just because someone lives like a slob, and may have unsafe gun storage options, doesn't mean they should get shot from outside a building..

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"I am ready to believe."

There are likely plenty of things wrong in that house. I've not seen anything that should be a reason for a cop to shoot her from outside the house. And when he yelled at the silhouette to put her hands where he could see them, maybe would be a good idea to have identified himself. She likely may not have been able to see him through the window at night.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just because someone lives like a slob, and may have unsafe gun storage options, doesn't mean they should get shot from outside a building..

Wow, I didn't think that was going to get misinterpreted to be an excuse to go guns ablazin'...

The cop shows up for a welfare check and seems to think it's a B&E. Why? I dunno, IANALEO.

The whole situation sounds bad. I certainly don't think it's a good idea to be sneaking around the perimeter of the home at night like he was.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ....And she was playing video games with her nephew, too. The neighbor who called it in regrets that he called, saying that the women would still be alive if he hadn't called the police.
    You gotta feel bad for that guy - thought he was looking out for the welfare of his neighbor, not feeling like he got her killed.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I went to the gun show in Muncie this weekend to sell tickets for our VFW gun raffle. Forgot my phone charger. Sat night I go to walmart to pick one up. They had 28... yes, you read that right... 28 self check out lanes open. They had 2 cash registers open with real live people. I stood in line for 10 minutes to buy my charger. I don't work for those a holes, and they don't give me a discount for working for them.

By the way, I'll be at the Kokomo show this coming weekend.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went to the gun show in Muncie this weekend to sell tickets for our VFW gun raffle. Forgot my phone charger. Sat night I go to walmart to pick one up. They had 28... yes, you read that right... 28 self check out lanes open. They had 2 cash registers open with real live people. I stood in line for 10 minutes to buy my charger. I don't work for those a holes, and they don't give me a discount for working for them.

So where's the full service gas station in your area?
    And how hard has life been since shopping carts replaced the store clerk behind the counter?

I've been married for almost twenty years and haven't ever had to buy "products" for my wife. I feel like I possibly could now that there's self checkout lanes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

So you wasted your own time to teach them a lesson.

That'll show 'em.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Personally I'm not a big fan of the self checkout either, but they are able to keep prices lower by having a lower labor cost. So really, you are getting a discount.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    y0ds1GL.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you wasted your own time to teach them a lesson.

That'll show 'em.

+10

I love self check out. I hate that the places that used to have them had to remove them because thieves were scanning $1.25 tuna and putting $28 crab in their bags.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    +10

I love self check out. I hate that the places that used to have them had to remove them because thieves were scanning $1.25 tuna and putting $28 crab in their bags.

But its so easy to use the clear bags instead of the organic green bags, and look up the item key code by name

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I certainly don't mind self-checkout and if it saves me having to stand in line- excellent. No way on earth I would stand in line just to get a real-live cashier when I can pass through the self-checkout quickly.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Conclusion.....

Welfare checks will kill you. So get off that couch, cut your damn hair and go get a ****ing job.

Sorry... flashback from growing up. :nailbite:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Between cashiers trying to force me to take the "senior discount" at age 48 and then judging my food purchases by saying: "that isn't what you're having for dinner is it?", I can do without the interaction.

The next cashier who gets judgy about my purchases may get a: "so you're over 50, and working the WalMart check out on a Saturday evening, life didn't quite work out like you expected, did it."

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

I'm the complete opposite, I much prefer the self check outs. The more people I can weed out of my life, the happier I seem to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom