"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some may find the facepalm in the defendant, others in the law.

https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/50869-man-accused-of-labor-trafficking-indiana-minors-in-kentucky

Either way:

925c992d0f0beedbc9205bac2626f0c606bd99ca695f3b8fb18aa48bc3773e88.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    "Greatest" is before "Silent". Silent are those born before WWII, generally too young to serve in the war. That would be my parents.

...and someone must have been born between 1965 and 1980.

Rhino nailed it, Generation X. Apparently there are a couple channels on youtube dedicated to them (us).

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I once took my son to a Notre Dame game to sell candy for his school and he sold enough to win a trip to Washington DC.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    White people love dogs so much because deep down they miss owning slaves. Or so one liberal thinks...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/libera...ZHH7cGoLxLTj0tzoxcd27b4ZxKYcj-zUKir8f1UB1fwes

66767253_2320679334847213_1413295362826829824_o.jpg

I'm just not seeing that "owner, and master dynamic" here. Doesn't seem to be desperate to control anything... Looks more like a girl who lover her pup... I should know, this is my daughter, and her dog that she misses so much because she can't have her at the apartment she stays at in college. She tells us she only comes home to see Chloe... lol.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Truth be told. Years ago my kids pointed out that all our pets were black.
    We had 2 black labs, 2 black cats, a black hamster, a black rat and a black raven (yes raven). Oh and the goldfish was also black. :n00b:

They were all male too. So what does that make me?
    Depends. How much work did you get out of them for free? I've had all kinds of dogs, and 3 cats in my lifetime. Not one of 'em did a lick of work*. It's my understanding that a slave was compelled to work at some point in the process of being, well you know, "enslaved".

*I guess the cats might be credited with some work. At least the two most recent have been good mousers/volers/occasional chipmunkers.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Depends. How much work did you get out of them for free? I've had all kinds of dogs, and 3 cats in my lifetime. Not one of 'em did a lick of work*. It's my understanding that a slave was compelled to work at some point in the process of being, well you know, "enslaved".

*I guess the cats might be credited with some work. At least the two most recent have been good mousers/volers/occasional chipmunkers.

Yep. My cat and the raven were buddies and the mousers of the bunch. I had perches throughout the house so they both had free rein inside. They never ate the mice, just played with them until the batteries ran out.

I have also never gone out and "bought" or pursued a pet in my life. They just kinda show up.
    ....well.... except for the kids rodents and fish.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do you live on my block?

Are you the one that feeds them so I cannot have song birds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In reality "we" become slaves to our pets.

The difference between dogs and cats:

Dogs - These people feed me, provide me with shelter and attend to my every need. They must be gods!

Cats - These people feed me, provide me with shelter, and attend to my every need. I must be a god!

:):

Actually my current cat almost acts more like a dog than the dogs do. Always follows me around as soon as I get up and likes to hang out on the deck, when the dogs are wanting to hang out in the AC (or heat), always comes to greet me as soon as I get home from the office and hangs out until I change into my "home" clothes. She's just a little over half their age though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you live on my block?

Are you the one that feeds them so I cannot have song birds.
    I have a cat and a bird feeder. She (the cat) doesn't pay any attention to the bird feeder, but I kind of wish she would pay more attention to the chipmunks that raid it from time to time. She's only caught 1 (to my knowledge) this year so far. I also had a family of house wrens move into a saguaro "knee"(?) that sits out on our deck. And have had lots of Robins nests on or near the deck. Cat doesn't bother them either.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a couple of neighbors that feed every stray cat that they can attract. I cannot get birds to come anywhere near my house. The cats lie in wait on my deck ans chase anything that comes near.

We need less bleeding heart liberals and more kill shelters.

Is it true that they took the ingredient out of antifreeze that kills cats?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have a couple of neighbors that feed every stray cat that they can attract. I cannot get birds to come anywhere near my house. The cats lie in wait on my deck ans chase anything that comes near.

We need less bleeding heart liberals and more kill shelters.

Is it true that they took the ingredient out of antifreeze that kills cats?

Yes. And getting most cats to drink antifreeze is tough. They aren't really motivated by sweet stuff. Now, fat is a different ballgame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom