"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Getting my oil changed yesterday and a mom and her 14-15 year old daughter come in. Daughter was wearing like small gym like shorts. Mom sat down and buried face in phone. Daughter sat down and proceeded to flop a leg over the arm of the next chair which of course let nothing to the imagination. I walked out to the garage and told the manager did you see that in there. His response was yes I was just out here telling the guys. We were all somewhat disgusted that the mother was so absorbed in her phone that she wouldn't notice and maybe just maybe tell the daughter what she was doing wasn't appropriate. People have no sense of what is right or wrong anymore.

jljMH07.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To play devils advocate, if a child gets something in their mind, they are not going to cooperate. Take medicine for example, sometimes it’s a breeze, other times you are stuck negotiating for hours because holding them down and them spitting it out isnt working. Children are irrational and sometimes you have to use the carrots to get kids to do what you want, can’t always resort to the stick.
    Then something has changed since I was a kid. Not cooperating was not an option for me, with one exception... At one point I had to be tested for allergies, which involved getting 15 shots in each arm to test for allergens. I was promised a new toy from Woolworth's if I made it through it without crying. (I was probably 5 or 6). I made it through the first arm no problem. About halfway through the second arm I cried a little. Still got my new toy (a gun of course). Went straight home to play army and we pretended I had been shot in the arms with a machine gun since I had all the little red marks up and down each arm. :):

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    We had a lilac bush behind the garage. I had to peel my own switch from it if I did not comply. They were not pleasant. I loved my parents and mourn their passing. They taught us well and taught us discipline which may be sadly lacking today.

Don

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To play devils advocate, if a child gets something in their mind, they are not going to cooperate. Take medicine for example, sometimes it’s a breeze, other times you are stuck negotiating for hours because holding them down and them spitting it out isnt working. Children are irrational and sometimes you have to use the carrots to get kids to do what you want, can’t always resort to the stick.

Someone had to teach them that they had an option to negotiate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :wow: some of the stuff you read on INGO is shocking.

I am 62 and reared 5 children. Yes, rear is the proper term, you raise cattle and you rear children.

I must say, there were a few times that I was appreciative of my neighbors were good people that never heard a thing. I only had one daughter that got more than 3 or 4 spankings in their life. One that only got one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Watched a 30-something young mom bargaining with her child to get in the chair so the lady could cut his hair.

She begged, she offered an ipad and toys, she asked if she could have him sit in her lap while they cut his hair... It was... really sad.

This 6 year old had control of the entire situation. I don't have kids, but is that normal these days?

The staff was just irritated, annoyed by the waste of time.

In a firm adult voice: "Get on the chair."

Usually worked for me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We had a lilac bush behind the garage. I had to peel my own switch from it if I did not comply. They were not pleasant. I loved my parents and mourn their passing. They taught us well and taught us discipline which may be sadly lacking today.

Don

I had a love/hate relationship with the weeping willow tree out back. Loved to climb that thing. Hated it when I had to pick a switch.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wooden spoons. My mom was a ninja with a wooden spoon. Never seen it coming, then, WHAM! Outta nowhere.:crying:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom