"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    4X4peEe.gif

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

https://i.imgur.com/4X4peEe.gifv

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That would imply teaching/coaching, rather than capturing videos for posting on the web.

^^^^ this

Something I've seen on the range. Dumb ******* boyfriend gives gun to girlfriend so he can video/laugh at how bad she handles recoil. Of course, because he wants the video to depict that, he doesn't tell her anything about safe handling/shooting. Mission accomplished.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just the kind of guy who should not [STRIKE]be allowed to[/STRIKE] own a gun,

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ^^^^ this

Something I've seen on the range. Dumb ******* boyfriend gives gun to girlfriend so he can video/laugh at how bad she handles recoil. Of course, because he wants the video to depict that, he doesn't tell her anything about safe handling/shooting. Mission accomplished.

And then wonders why she's not interested in shooting, and complains when he buys guns.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe stand closer, so that you can stop her from turning.

That would imply teaching/coaching, rather than capturing videos for posting on the web.

^^^^ this

And then wonders why she's not interested in shooting, and complains when he buys guns.

:yesway:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Watched a 30-something young mom bargaining with her child to get in the chair so the lady could cut his hair.

She begged, she offered an ipad and toys, she asked if she could have him sit in her lap while they cut his hair... It was... really sad.

This 6 year old had control of the entire situation. I don't have kids, but is that normal these days?

The staff was just irritated, annoyed by the waste of time.

I was in Sam's club the other day, and I heard a mom say, "Let's sit down and talk about it." I look over and see this late 20s woman sitting down in the middle of an aisle with a 5-7 year old boy. She then proceeds to have a conversation with him... "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings when I said that you have to stay with me, but you can't be running around. There are bad people who might want to take you. Next time, I'll ask you if you'd like to stay beside me instead of telling you. Will that be better?"

I never tried that with my four kids. My way seemed simpler - stay beside me or face the consequences.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was in Sam's club the other day, and I heard a mom say, "Let's sit down and talk about it." I look over and see this late 20s woman sitting down in the middle of an aisle with a 5-7 year old boy. She then proceeds to have a conversation with him... "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings when I said that you have to stay with me, but you can't be running around. There are bad people who might want to take you. Next time, I'll ask you if you'd like to stay beside me instead of telling you. Will that be better?"

I never tried that with my four kids. My way seemed simpler - stay beside me or face the consequences.

My daughter is 7 and she is very mature and bright for her age. There are definitely times when a conversation works better than some form of "do it because I say so." But based on the scenario you describe, that would not be one of those times.

Generally the conversation approach works best at home, often after the fact. And it's usually something like, 'you were acting out of control and that behavior is unacceptable. You're not going to get more responsibility and freedom when you act like that. Do it again, and I won't take you out in public any more.'

As Jordan Peterson says, "don't let your kids get away with doing things that make you not like them."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah. Okay. Maybe it’s for the best that some Millennials are not ****ing as much. Some of them clearly are gonna do more harm than good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Our Church through its adult Sunday Schools often do this for people in need, (operations, accidents, childbirth shut-ins, widows in deed) it is called Charity (for those who have a warped view of what Charity is, It is LOVE IN ACTION or AGAPE Gods love)

Our Deacons actually keep lists of people that can not take care of their property because of age, widowhood and such and will mow their lawns and do small home repairs as needed.

Any one can be a deacon (servant).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom