"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    D3uHm8TXsAAMVp5.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Police officers who fined stalking victim before she was murdered face disciplinary action

Nineteen-year-old was fined for wasting police time after she reported Michael Lane five times in six months.

Lane's trial prompted widespread calls for action to ensure victims are taken seriously by police. He pursued Miss Grice by fitting a tracker to her car, stole a house key to sneak into her room while she slept and loitered outside her home. It later emerged 13 other women had reported him to police for stalking.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    NY Assembly blocks free college tuition for more Gold Star families

The Assembly’s Higher Education Committee voted 15 to 11 to hold the bipartisan bill, effectively ending its chances of making it to a floor vote this session.

The move comes a week after lawmakers passed a $175 billion state budget that included $27 million to provide college tuition aid for undocumented immigrants...

Assemblyman Will Barclay, R-Pulaski, one of the bill’s co-sponsors, said in an interview after the vote that he sensed Democrats simply didn’t want to pass the bill because it was authored by a Republican, Steve Hawley, R-Batavia.

Makes me feel like screaming, in my best Boston accent...

Hey New Yawk, eat a bag of d!cks.:xmad:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Watched a 30-something young mom bargaining with her child to get in the chair so the lady could cut his hair.

She begged, she offered an ipad and toys, she asked if she could have him sit in her lap while they cut his hair... It was... really sad.

This 6 year old had control of the entire situation. I don't have kids, but is that normal these days?

The staff was just irritated, annoyed by the waste of time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watched a 30-something young mom bargaining with her child to get in the chair so the lady could cut his hair.

She begged, she offered an ipad and toys, she asked if she could have him sit in her lap while they cut his hair... It was... really sad.

This 6 year old had control of the entire situation. I don't have kids, but is that normal these days?

The staff was just irritated, annoyed by the waste of time.

It should never be normal for a child to control a parent. The mom should've yanked his ass into the chair and told him to shut up, or better yet, take the kid home, put a bowl over his head and cut his hair herself. Reckon after being made fun of by his friends until his hair grew out might make him think twice about getting being a little more cooperative.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yes this is common. I see it pretty much every time I take my 7 year old daughter to get her hair cut. There's usually at least one kid sitting in a Mom's lap. I cut my son's hair at home, and he's never had any issues with the clippers.

In general I see this type of thing all the time, not just in barber shop, but stores, restaurants, parks. Too many parents let the kid be in charge and ask the child for permission rather than telling them the way it's going to be.

There are way too many parents worried about being friends with the kid rather than being parents.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Getting my oil changed yesterday and a mom and her 14-15 year old daughter come in. Daughter was wearing like small gym like shorts. Mom sat down and buried face in phone. Daughter sat down and proceeded to flop a leg over the arm of the next chair which of course let nothing to the imagination. I walked out to the garage and told the manager did you see that in there. His response was yes I was just out here telling the guys. We were all somewhat disgusted that the mother was so absorbed in her phone that she wouldn't notice and maybe just maybe tell the daughter what she was doing wasn't appropriate. People have no sense of what is right or wrong anymore.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    To play devils advocate, if a child gets something in their mind, they are not going to cooperate. Take medicine for example, sometimes it’s a breeze, other times you are stuck negotiating for hours because holding them down and them spitting it out isnt working. Children are irrational and sometimes you have to use the carrots to get kids to do what you want, can’t always resort to the stick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom