"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Mexico's president wants an apology for violations committed by Spanish conquistadors in the region, 500 years ago

What the hell is the point of this? Everyone demanding apologies from everyone else. It solves nothing, just allows you to lord over them (in your mind).

Everyone just wants to feel like they're better than everyone else. I think it's the same concept with slow drivers in the left lane... they don't want you to pass or else you're getting one over on them... so they police the lane, and force you to do something that they're making you do (slow down).

This really goes with everything in today's society... just boils down to people craving validation

Maybe he's peeved that because of the Spanish settlement of Mexico, it's not part of the U.S. today.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe he's peeved that because of the Spanish settlement of Mexico, it's not part of the U.S. today.

giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    #1 We call this “assumption of risk” in the biz.
    #2 I’m all for double standards. Men and women are not the same.
    It seems like you’re saying that it’s okay (not news) if she drugs men and steals their ****, because they assumed the risk by engaging.

If assumption of risk mitigates the one, why not the other? Were there any assumptions of risks with many of the #metoo victims? Harvey Weinstein shouldn’t get a pass, but at some point some of the women chose the quid pro quo because of the high payoff. That in nonway absolves Weinstein. It’s just saying that the women who had heard the stories and assumed the risk, could have avoided it.

The men who were victims of the stripper are a lot more obviously assuming risk, but that doesn’t absolve the stripper of wrongdoing. They didn’t ask to be drugged and robbed. If it does absolve the stripper, then we need to apply that standard fairly across the board. You engaged in vice and get taken advantage of, tough ****. You asked for it. So, women who willingly participate on the casting couch to get their fame or whatever, shouldn’t be a story either. I don’t really like that standard.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    1 in 4 adults did not have sex in 2018, an all time high.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2019/03/29/share-americans-not/

It's not for religious reasons, but mainly due to the fact that younger people are losers that spend more time on the internet than they do trying to bone.

But changes at the other end of the age spectrum may be playing an even bigger role. The portion of Americans 18 to 29 reporting no sex in the past year more than doubled between 2008 and 2018, to 23 percent.

Jean Twenge, professor of psychology at San Diego State University and author of iGen: Why Today's Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy - and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood, said in an interview that growing sexlessness among America's twentysomethings is primarily attributable to partnering up later in life.

“There are more people in their twenties who don’t have a live-in partner,” she said. “So under those circumstances I think less sex is going to happen.”

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, I didn't get any in 2018. Or 2017 for that matter. But that was mostly due to recovery from a serious illness and spinal surgery. Oh, and I'm not in that age group. I'm better now, though. I guess strippers are pretty easy to pick up...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, I didn't get any in 2018. Or 2017 for that matter. But that was mostly due to recovery from a serious illness and spinal surgery. Oh, and I'm not in that age group. I'm better now, though. I guess strippers are pretty easy to pick up...

Depends on the size of the stripper and if you're under any lifting restrictions from your spinal surgery. :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I think Willie Nelson sang a song like that... ;)

I don't know how serious she was, but I had one girl indicate that her widowed mother was a naughty girl herself, and wonder if I would mind helping her out. I figure she was just trying to get in my [STRIKE]pants[/STRIKE]wallet. That got me speculating about getting them both knocked up simultaneously. It would be amusing to explain to people how the kids weren't twins, and watch them as the mental gears clashed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It seems like you’re saying that it’s okay (not news) if she drugs men and steals their ****, because they assumed the risk by engaging....

No. Not every crime is news, especially ones that are completely predictable. Sure, prosecute criminals.

...but I have between little and no sympathy for people who engage in known risky behavior and then get bit by it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom