"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://trib.com/news/state-and-reg...cle_0603777b-4059-5101-ab92-3731036c4478.html

“Sen. Lynn Hutchings, R-Cheyenne, argued that without the death penalty, Jesus Christ would not have been able to die to absolve the sins of mankind, and therefore capital punishment should be maintained.”

:n00b:

This GOP State Senator is trying very hard to balance out the crazy. Wouldn’t want the world to tilt over left since the election of AOC. Nope. Gotta balance it out. Like a teeter-totter. Pull somma that crazy on the right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    https://trib.com/news/state-and-reg...cle_0603777b-4059-5101-ab92-3731036c4478.html

“Sen. Lynn Hutchings, R-Cheyenne, argued that without the death penalty, Jesus Christ would not have been able to die to absolve the sins of mankind, and therefore capital punishment should be maintained.”

:n00b:

This GOP State Senator is trying very hard to balance out the crazy. Wouldn’t want the world to tilt over left since the election of AOC. Nope. Gotta balance it out. Like a teeter-totter. Pull somma that crazy on the right.

World tipping over? Here I thought it was bad enough when we had a congressman all distressed over the possibility of Guam tipping over.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Back in my carefree days, I used to spend time in a very classy establishment called "The Anchor" in Muncie (in the shadow of the WLBC Tower). After the bar closed, we would go to the Taco Bell drive-thru on South Madison St. for breakfast (don't judge).

One night/morning, there was a car in front of us that was sitting there, idling, with the guy inside passed out. Several of us were tapping on the window trying to wake the dude up, and when that didn't work, we progressed to pounding hard on the window and rocking his car up and down. When that guy woke up, he was instantly alert and wide-eyed. He grabbed the steering wheel, cut it hard and stomped on the gas, barely missing another car as he sped from the lot. We laughed, got back in the car and pulled up to order. Good times.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Waiting on the tox report, but I'm not sure you can call it "racial profiling". If it was a white dude slumped over the wheel in a running car, I think the cops should check that out as well.

And, I was told on INGO I can carry my gun however I want, and as long as I don't point it at someone, no cop should ever bat an eye. Obviously, these cops don't know the law and should be roofers instead.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Waiting on the tox report, but I'm not sure you can call it "racial profiling". If it was a white dude slumped over the wheel in a running car, I think the cops should check that out as well.

And, I was told on INGO I can carry my gun however I want, and as long as I don't point it at someone, no cop should ever bat an eye. Obviously, these cops don't know the law and should be roofers instead.

Um....
    California :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    World tipping over? Here I thought it was bad enough when we had a congressman all distressed over the possibility of Guam tipping over.

Not geographical tipping. Crazy tipping. Apparently that GOP senator must have thought the balance of crazy went way too far left, you know, because it kinda is, and wanted to balance things out. Because Jesus couldn't have died for our sins if we didn't' have a death penalty. Now c'mon man, you have to think that's ****ing crazy. There's this thing called time, notwithstanding god. There's a past, a present, a future. So, logically, the death penalty of the past isn't affected if it's changed in the future.

Well. Actually, that seems like the most obvious reasoning to me, but maybe I'm projecting a secular world view. I dunno. Maybe her reasoning isn't flawed temporally. Maybe she didn't think Jesus' sacrifice was sufficient and that in case another savior would be needed in the future to serve another death sentence for our sins, we need to make sure we keep the death sentence, just in case. But whatever her reasoning, that's some world class crazy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good time to have that 40+ foot aluminum box covering your six

Also a good time to not drive so fast you cant stop. Looking at that crash, its 100% true. Every. Last. One. of those drivers were going faster than the conditions allowed. Its one thing to fudge it a bit and drive a bit too fast in the fog. If you are quick you can probably stop in time when you see whatever. On that slick crap? big ole NOPE! They were all gliding along waiting for something to ruin their day because they weren't changing direction/speed in any sudden way. (unless something jumped out in front of them, as illustrated in the video)

I also find it pleasingly ironic that the last several are 4x4s. Hopefully those guys especially learned that 4WD doesnt mean they can stop any faster than anybody else.

And people are idiots. The last snowfall here during morning rush I had a guy almost hit me as he decided to change lanes too quick on 465 in his 2WD pickup. did a 270 and ended up crossing 4 lanes, coming to rest on the shoulder. And what does the guy behind me do after we get past this guy? Take off like a jackrabbit and do 50 when the conditions were just demonstrated in front of him that its not safe to go that fast. Oh well. Hope he didnt do too much damage later. (he wasnt even driving a 4x4)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom