"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    ok

DzJ3VwXX0AAJ6W_.jpg:small
    With that kind of mindset, it’d probably be for the best.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Six California police officers fire shots at rapper asleep in car, killing him

California police officers fatally shot a 20-year-old rapper who was sleeping in his car outside a Taco Bell, authorities said.

Six Vallejo officers fired “multiple rounds” at the man, identified by family as Willie McCoy, police said. McCoy had a handgun on him when the officers fired out of “fear for their own safety” on Saturday night, according to the department. The family of McCoy, whose rapper name was Willie Bo, said Tuesday that police had racially profiled the young black man and that there was no justification for using deadly force against someone who was sleeping and not a threat.

Have to read a bit further though. Unfortunate.

Police said officers were checking up on McCoy after a Taco Bell employee called 911 and said a man was “slumped over” behind the wheel of his car at the fast-food restaurant drive through on Saturday at around 10.30pm. McCoy was unresponsive and had a handgun on his lap, police said, adding that the doors were locked and the car was on. After they called for backup, McCoy “suddenly” moved, officials said in a statement.

Police further alleged that officers told him to “keep his hands visible” but that he “quickly moved his hands downward for the firearm”. Police said six officers all fired shots within roughly four seconds, but they did not disclose the number of bullets that struck McCoy. The officers continued shouting commands before removing him from the vehicle and “rendering medical assistance”. He died on the scene.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    TDS at its finest.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...xFEsZ8yKEj4Q4s7E3geuEy5mnzaFnx0s2eH_DWyH0YWzs

The best? His official statement:

"I now remember that I was particularly aggravated that day about something the president had done or said, and so I lashed out in a rather sophomoric manner as instant therapy," Miller's statement said. "It was NOT intended for public consumption, and I meant to white it out before submitting it, but forgot to."

His comment on Twitter?
    “Some of my sharp-eyed readers have spotted a little Easter egg from Leonardo Bear-Vinci. Can you find it?”

Accident my ass. He isnt apologizing because he did it. He's doing so because he got caught. That twitter post shows his true intention.

EDIT: This was posted in the vein of lying about your motives. Not intended to be political in any way. (thats a different forum)

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    TDS at its finest.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...xFEsZ8yKEj4Q4s7E3geuEy5mnzaFnx0s2eH_DWyH0YWzs

The best? His official statement:

"I now remember that I was particularly aggravated that day about something the president had done or said, and so I lashed out in a rather sophomoric manner as instant therapy," Miller's statement said. "It was NOT intended for public consumption, and I meant to white it out before submitting it, but forgot to."

His comment on Twitter?
    “Some of my sharp-eyed readers have spotted a little Easter egg from Leonardo Bear-Vinci. Can you find it?”

Accident my ass. He isnt apologizing because he did it. He's doing so because he got caught. That twitter post shows his true intention.

:postpics:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"Police said officers were checking up on McCoy after a Taco Bell employee called 911 and said a man was “slumped over” behind the wheel of his car at the fast-food restaurant drive through on Saturday at around 10.30pm. McCoy was unresponsive and had a handgun on his lap, police said, adding that the doors were locked and the car was on. After they called for backup, McCoy “suddenly” moved, officials said in a statement."

I think this paragraph contains the crux of the issue. Some points about that.

Dude gets to sleep in his car. If it's on someone else's property, the proprietors get to say something about it.

It's okay to call the police when you see someone slumped over in a vehicle in a fast food drive through, regardless of race. It's not profiling to do that. It's a bit outside of normal. The police aren't profiling when they come to check it out--because it's ****ing out of the ordinary IN THE DRIVETHROUGH. The police aren't profiling when they see a gun on his lap and they get theirs out and call for backup. It's out of the ordinary. Not surprising that they'd be on edge.

Some bad stuff: if you fall asleep with a gun on your lap somewhere that you're not going to draw attention you're probably fine as long as no one sees you and calls the cops. But. If you fall asleep in the drive through, that's going to set off a very dangerous chain of events. They WILL call the cops. The cops WILL come. They WILL get nervous when they see the gun on your lap, and they'll likely draw their guns and call for backup. And presumably you're gonna wake up sometime. And if you set that very chain of events up prior to waking up. Well, the probability of a successful outcome where you're still breathing went way down.

Cops probably could maybe learn something from this and maybe change how they tend to react to things like this. Maybe one of the INGO cops could expand on that. But dang. I just don't really know how that's gonna end much differently given those same circumstances. Of course if there are more facts about it that we haven't heard, that could come into play. But it seems like a sensational headline, and of course the claims of racial profiling are nonsense in this case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom