"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll take "Stupidly hypocritical things abortion supporters do" for $1000, Alex

48397319_2229800253945668_782520948019429376_n.jpg

My grandmother liked to name all of their animals. We had "Herman" in our freezer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My grandmother liked to name all of their animals. We had "Herman" in our freezer.

As a kid who grew up raising 4H animals that I named, then later ate, yes, yes I'd eat Chloe in a heartbeat.

Now someone telling what a "scotch fillet" is. I like scotch, I like fillet...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As a kid who grew up raising 4H animals that I named, then later ate, yes, yes I'd eat Chloe in a heartbeat.

Now someone telling what a "scotch fillet" is. I like scotch, I like fillet...

I'm guessing it's a Canadian thing, (real Canadians, not Hoosiers north of Columbus :):) since the weight of the packages was in kilograms and the price was $/kg.

ETA: Apparently it's what they call ribeye in Australia and New Zealand (which also makes sense with the weight/price thing).

Rib Eye or Scotch Fillet - Know Your Cuts Of Meat - Heatworks

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So it isnt referenced in this particular article, but officials stated that it also includes mass produced prepackaged foods shipped in, not just stuff put together on the island(s). (e.g. carry out) So that means no Ramen Cup o noodles and the like that use styrofoam cups. :facepalm:

They are giving stores a 6 month extension to sell existing inventories. Apparently everyone assumed it only meant carry out containers, drinking cups, plates, etc.

No more Styrofoam: Maui County?s ban leaves restaurants searching for alternatives

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Setting up cable for relative. Comcast guy put a cut cable behind the plate, and the working cable tucked behind it... guaranteeing the elderly community pays someone $70 to come out and swap it.

Nice scam.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I would be very concerned about the effects of a ongoing testosterone injections on the development of an embryonic and then fetal baby. The female reproductive system is robust, but test is a very powerful hormone that should not exist in the mother's system at the levels they use for that type of self-mutilation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe we need a no hope for humanity thread. Question for those with young children. If you pick your child up from the sitter and your child is in their car seat sleeping, do you check on them?

https://www.wizmnews.com/2019/01/06...sed-of-killing-boy-and-giving-body-to-mother/

It's been a while, but probably not right away. Sleeping = quiet which is a good thing for most parents. I'm sure the mother found out immediately upon getting home.

...and what good would it do to go over the kid like a rental car when you picker him or her up anyway?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm sure some are (what do we mean by young?), but the existence of a "Matures" and "Grannies" categories on certain websites primarily oriented towards men's leisure-time activities tells me not all are.

What do "Apple" websites have to do with this? :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom