"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    too late, we already do!:rockwoot:

We do (and did) too, but awake, involved parents can put pressure on schools when talk of such inane things arises.

Now, if you live in a district where progressive statists rule supreme such that the weirdos run the place unimpeded...

dznp8yO.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is an odd way of showing your hand... "We can't win unless we allow people that are too stupid to know better to vote!"

DusnZaPU8AEyEo8.jpg:small

I guess we can start selling guns to 6 year Olds then.
    If they can change their body, or vote and change the direction of the country, they can buy guns.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess we can start selling guns to 6 year Olds then.
    If they can change their body, or vote and change the direction of the country, they can buy guns.

...and let them buy beer, and try them in courts like adults, and send them to work...

We might have to let Jared Fogle out of jail.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Indiana goes commie...

I couldn't find a link to post. It's not on any news site, but there is a judge in Putnam county who is allowing a guys neighbor to decide what he can, and cannot keep on his farm. On his own property. The guy does have a lot of junk laying around, but I still do not see how the hell some judge gives your neighbor the right to tell you what you can own, and what you have to get rid of.

This would be the straw that breaks the camels back for me...

Here is a facebook post from the guys son.

https://www.facebook.com/will.morrison.14606/posts/529674054177378

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Indiana goes commie...

I couldn't find a link to post. It's not on any news site, but there is a judge in Putnam county who is allowing a guys neighbor to decide what he can, and cannot keep on his farm. On his own property. The guy does have a lot of junk laying around, but I still do not see how the hell some judge gives your neighbor the right to tell you what you can own, and what you have to get rid of.

Here is a facebook post from the guys son.

https://www.facebook.com/will.morrison.14606/posts/529674054177378

...waiting to see the judgement of the court on this one...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...waiting to see the judgement of the court on this one...

Already been to the Court of Appeals. Zoning issue.

https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/09211802jgb.pdf

Like the zoning ordinance or don't like it (and I understand that), this isn't about a neighbor controlling anything. It's about whether the current use of the property is in compliance with its zoning and whether the owners took sufficient steps to remedy zoning violations after ordered by a court to do so.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Already been to the Court of Appeals. Zoning issue.

https://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/09211802jgb.pdf

Like the zoning ordinance or don't like it (and I understand that), this isn't about a neighbor controlling anything. It's about whether the current use of the property is in compliance with its zoning and whether the owners took sufficient steps to remedy zoning violations after ordered by a court to do so.

This is yet another reason why those of us who live in counties without zoning must keep fighting to prevent it from happening to us.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is yet another reason why those of us who live in counties without zoning must keep fighting to prevent it from happening to us.
    You're right, any neighbor should be happy to have this family as a neighbor. Only communist would object to this being on farm:

• Many unused and inoperable semi-trailers and truck beds, some of which were off their wheels;
    • Metal debris;
    • Multiple inoperable vehicles without license plates;
    • Many piles of metal;
    • Propane tanks;
    • Tires;
    • Vehicle axles;
    • A trailer entirely full of trash;
    • Box trailers;
    • A backhoe, bulldozer, and Bobcat; and
    • A significant amount of debris and junk.

If you look up the property on Putnam Co. GIS, you can see it's a hot mess of scrap. You want to run a scrap operation? Buy land zoned for scrap operation.
    Not sure if this link works, but here's a Google street view of this "farm". And that photo is from this July. Interestingly, in 2009 there was some evergreens next to road, but later on, those disappear and box trailers show up.

Color me shocked that it appears their son may have been arrested for drug dealing.

Not sure I really want to know what that implies.

But, I can imagine there was a straw (or perhaps a rusty tractor) that broke the collective backs of the neighbors and forced them to take action against this eyesore.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm OK with zoning rules. We're in an unincorporated but residential-zoned area. Lots are large, and several families have had horses, feeder calves, and even 4-H hogs. I had several bee hives on my place for years, back in the day. We're mostly on an honor system and the only times the County has gotten involved, it's mostly been for junk accumulation, and a few "roaming" dogs. We've had just enough problem neighbors over the years that I'm glad there are rules in place.

There used to be one guy who ran an auto shop out of his Garage. He always had quite a few cars on his place, but he didn't let it get too junky, AND he always plowed the road when it snowed.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think I'm with Jetta on this one. Even without seeing the posts and the document posted by Hough, if you showed me pics of that place and said it was a farm, I'd tell you that you're insane. Don't get me wrong, damn near every farm I've been on has some piece of equipment tucked out by the treeline that's slowly eroding into dust, but this ain't that. If I owned an adjacent farm, I might be a bit concerned about any chemicals and crap leaking out of those junk heaps and leeching into my ground or ground water.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    From the "why the heck would anyone do this to themselves?" file.

This guy is in search of "the king of sting" so he catches big ass insects like ants and wasps and voluntarily lets them sting him so he can rank them based on pain level.

Here he is taking on the Executioner wasp.

[video=youtube_share;-HyHZsa79LU]http://youtu.be/-HyHZsa79LU[/video]

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Too bad the vast majority of cows are never named. Maybe that is a marketing opportunity? Would all meat from a cow named Chuck be chuck steaks?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom