"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This one's got it all. Might even deserve its own thread.

Landlord Tells Harvard Student to Move Out Over Legally Owned Guns

A Massachusetts landlord told a Harvard University graduate student that he wanted her to move out of her apartment because her legally owned firearms made some of her roommates uncomfortable.

"Since it's clear that Leyla wants to keep her firearms, it would be best for all parties if she finds another place to live," Dave Lewis, president of Avid Management, said in an email to the household obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The request that the student, Leyla Pirnie, move out came after her roommates searched her room while she was not home and found her firearms. That prompted one of the roommates to email Lewis requesting he verify that Pirnie was in compliance with applicable firearms laws.

Pirnie said she feels her roommates violated her privacy and now they and her landlord are trying to violate her rights.

"A few weeks ago, I came back to my apartment from a weekend trip and was confronted by one of my roommates who asked if I had guns in the house," she told the Free Beacon. "After being told far too many lies to count, my roommates finally admitted that they searched my closet, under my bed, and all of my drawers in pursuit of finding my guns."

While she was given several different explanations for why the roommates entered and searched her room, the 24-year-old said she felt her political beliefs and where she is from played a significant role in the roommates' actions.

"When I asked them why they were in my room to begin with, they each came up with completely contradicting stories (none of which made any sense), but one comment struck me in particular: ‘We saw that you had a MAGA hat and come on, you're from Alabama… so we just kind of assumed that you had something,'" she said. "I asked why they didn't just call me and ask me before intruding. One of the girls responded that fear took over her body and she felt compelled to search my room until she found proof… I cannot make this up."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This one's got it all. Might even deserve its own thread.

Landlord Tells Harvard Student to Move Out Over Legally Owned Guns

And this is why I have issues with loose red flags laws that allow pretty much anyone to claim that a person is a danger to themselves or others.

If that law would have been in place, there would have been nothing to stop the roomates from claiming this young lady was dangerous and having her guns confiscated. Hell, they called the local PD and asked them to inspect the firearms to see if they were Massachusetts compliant. It's not much of a leap to think they would have filed a Red flag complaint had that been an option.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I remember when they wanted to name the new federal courthouse in Fort Wayne after him. Fun was had by all.

Personally, I thought it should have been named after Ben Dover.

It came up again when the city gov. moved out of the City/County building and into the the boringly named, "Citizen Square".

At least we have a street and a beer named after him.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And this is why I have issues with loose red flags laws that allow pretty much anyone to claim that a person is a danger to themselves or others.

If that law would have been in place, there would have been nothing to stop the roomates from claiming this young lady was dangerous and having her guns confiscated. Hell, they called the local PD and asked them to inspect the firearms to see if they were Massachusetts compliant. It's not much of a leap to think they would have filed a Red flag complaint had that been an option.
    There's a whole thread for this, but at least in Indiana, it's not as easy as just "witness testimony" to get someone red flagged.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just quickly read the article so I may have missed it. If it's not spelled out in the lease, go pound sand. If they're uncomfortable, it's just as easy for them to move to another place as it is the gun owner. Screw 'em.

I'd be upset with roommates going through my stuff.

How much you want to bet if the gun owner rifles through the other roommates stuff, they'll want her arrested.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'd be upset with roommates going through my stuff.

How much you want to bet if the gun owner rifles through the other roommates stuff, they'll want her arrested.

Maybe the gun owner could take a shotgun approach to the other roommates stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    rDjDhL.gif

https://fox59.com/2018/11/30/couples-marriage-license-stalls-because-clerk-thinks-new-mexico-is-a-foreign-country/

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) — A District of Columbia clerk refused to accept a New Mexico man’s state driver’s license for a marriage license because she and her supervisor believed New Mexico was a foreign country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom