"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It left Sarah Jessica Parker momentarily offended, until she realized it wasn't about her.

Then she was relieved someone else would be saddled with the nickname.

Right out of the gate, you trotted up to that joke? Here, in the mane place for serious business? I suggest you rein in the funny stuff, mister. This is no mare humor thread. Dressage in your Sunday best and think about the hock we have to deal with on a knightly basis. Pony up some withers and conduct yourself to the best of your ... uhm... farrier eohippus! Palomino! Colt Equidae gaskin hinny!

... I'm done.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Right out of the gate, you trotted up to that joke? Here, in the mane place for serious business? I suggest you rein in the funny stuff, mister. This is no mare humor thread. Dressage in your Sunday best and think about the hock we have to deal with on a knightly basis. Pony up some withers and conduct yourself to the best of your ... uhm... farrier eohippus! Palomino! Colt Equidae gaskin hinny!

... I'm done.

Oh, you were done WAY before you were done. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

... I'm done.

Those are just bad. You better just hoof it out of here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, we're supposed to not allow "tailgating" when going into our office areas (which require a card swipe), but I was raised to hold the door for people so... :dunno: I reckon if they've gotten past armed security and metal scanners to get into the building in the first place (and I recognize them too 99.9% of the time), they're probably okay.

ETA: Unless they're working calculus problems on their phone or ipad - then I'm slamming the door. ;)

And rightly so!

I can see holding the door for someone you know with certainty is allowed in the area, but no way would I let a stranger tailgate me into a secured door at work or at a residence. Clearly I am racist!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And rightly so!

I can see holding the door for someone you know with certainty is allowed in the area, but no way would I let a stranger tailgate me into a secured door at work or at a residence. Clearly I am racist!

I just hope that I'm never unfortunate enough to live in a residence that requires a badge/card/fob to get in! Work is bad enough! :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What breed is this service dog

a c*ckless spaniel?

an in-breed?

She thinks she looks so badass, too.

j4uxu2oqcys11.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Exactly. I'd be dubious too.

So, how many people chose the silver and were edited out of the final video?

But then again, people on the street are dumb.

I often wonder the same thing when you see the videos for... can you believe how dumb ______ are?
    Is it a 10 minute video and they have 10 minutes of footage?
    Or is it a 10 minute video with 4 hours of footage?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Buzz Aldrin has something to say about not having the flag scene.

Buzz Aldrin slams 'First Man' movie controversy, posts photos of US flag on moon with 'Proud to be American' hashtag | Fox News
    Buzz Aldrin slams 'First Man' movie controversy, posts photos of US flag on moon with 'Proud to be American' hashtag

Buzz Aldrin blasts First Man for not showing the planting of US flag | Daily Mail Online
    'Proud to be American': SECOND man on the Moon Buzz Aldrin shames Neil Armstrong biopic for not showing planting of US flag with his own patriotic pics after movie portrayed him as 'obnoxious loudmouth'

I still think it was a decision made so that they could sell to broader audience.

I went and saw the movie today and it was pretty disappointing.

The controversy about the flag doesn't really make a lot of sense, they actually do show the flag on the moon with the astronauts, just not the act of them planting it. However, there are a lot of things not shown, it's a 2 1/2 hour movie. This really isn't a big deal, they must have just been trying to get free publicity with a controversy.

Buzz Aldrin was certainly portrayed as an obnoxious loudmouth, but I didn't much care for the way they portrayed any of the astronauts for that matter. Armstrong was well known as being a fairly reserved guy, but they show him as withdrawn to the point of being emotionally handicapped.

The entire movie is pretty dark in tone, with death seemingly haunting it at every turn. It gives you something of the impression that the entire space program was a bunch of dare-devils that succeeded because they got lucky.

The special effects were awesome, and the performances were good within the limitations of how the people were portrayed. I was a typical kid of the 60's that wanted to be an astronaut, but they managed to make them a pretty unattractive group even to me.

I haven't even got to the worst part yet! You know how it is en vogue to use a shaky camera in action scenes to give a more personal view of the action? They did that for the entire movie. 2 1/2 hours of a slightly shaky camera! Every scene. People doing nothing more than sitting at a table talking are constantly, subtly, shaking! I had motion sickness about half way through it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom