"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I, of course, won't hold my breath to see if there's a conservative outcry concerning his past lyrics, and widespread opposition to such a person given an invitation to the WH, as apparently now, it's ok. :dunno:

Plenty to complain about all the way around. If you liked him before and you don't like him now that he's a Trumper, maybe consider that's a bit tribal. If you didn't like him before, and suddenly you do, probably tribal.

I think like G, I'm just enjoying the spectacle. I mean. Who gets to say mother****er in the whitehouse when the cameras are rolling? I mean, like, when I'm on a tour, maybe I'd sneak a quick mf'r under my breath. But right out there in front of everyone. This is America.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Outlet also updated story

DpVajtMUUAAxUzi.jpg:small

No, they don't regret it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Plenty to complain about all the way around. If you liked him before and you don't like him now that he's a Trumper, maybe consider that's a bit tribal. If you didn't like him before, and suddenly you do, probably tribal.

I think like G, I'm just enjoying the spectacle. I mean. Who gets to say mother****er in the whitehouse when the cameras are rolling? I mean, like, when I'm on a tour, maybe I'd sneak a quick mf'r under my breath. But right out there in front of everyone. This is America.

Bafoonery is always a spectacle.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I, of course, won't hold my breath to see if there's a conservative outcry concerning his past lyrics, and widespread opposition to such a person given an invitation to the WH, as apparently now, it's ok. :dunno:

Yes! Strange things are going down in the oval office for sure!

It's an outrage!

Harumph!

screenshot-monica-lewinsky-bill-clinton-oval-office.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes! Strange things are going down in the oval office for sure!

It's an outrage!

Harumph!

screenshot-monica-lewinsky-bill-clinton-oval-office.jpg

If Clinton had invited the press to the Oval Office to watch, I'd see the issue. I don't consider the Oval Office "sacred ground." A president can do whatever he likes. He can sit in there with his boxers signing paperwork... who cares, if he's intending to keep it out of view of the public? It's his office after all. But when he invites the public into the WH, and then things go off the rails, then I personally think that's an issue.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Quite right. I don't like his past lyrics, nor his current MF quote. Intelligent people know how to conduct themselves in various scenerios, and he doesn't. The only good thing I can say about him is that he's probably created many good jobs through his various endeavors, and that, I can respect.

Bafoonery is always a spectacle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What is it with apartment managers being racist

White woman who blocks black guy from entering his building is fired.

Maybe get an idea of who your residents are so you don't look like a ****ing moron when you make bad assumptions.

Look, I'm not going to watch all these videos.

Did she say anything racist?

Is it possible she's a safety Nazi and would have treated anyone this way who she did not think had the fob to get in the security door?

Is she possibly just an annoying busybody?

Other than the participants being different races (which isn't evidence of motivation) is there anything in here that makes this a racist incident and not something else?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife was watching this as I left for work this morning, the woman was well dressed, walking a coiffured rat dog of some kind, and had her own cell phone going which looked like it was encrusted with jewels. It looked staged.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Look, I'm not going to watch all these videos.

Did she say anything racist?

Is it possible she's a safety Nazi and would have treated anyone this way who she did not think had the fob to get in the security door?

Is she possibly just an annoying busybody?

Other than the participants being different races (which isn't evidence of motivation) is there anything in here that makes this a racist incident and not something else?

We'd have to know more about her, as a person, I suppose.

"Trailing" another resident isn't uncommon. Have a hard time believing she'd react this way if he were white... but that's just my assumption. She has that air about her.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We'd have to know more about her, as a person, I suppose.

"Trailing" another resident isn't uncommon. Have a hard time believing she'd react this way if he were white... but that's just my assumption. She has that air about her.

Maybe she is a racist. I don't know.

However, I have no trouble believing that an employee of the complex would confront a person if she thought he came through the security door without a fob. There was a lot of fob talk in the piece of video I saw. I am assuming this is one of those building where you have to scan a card or fob to get through the security door, then you have kets for your own unit. It seems like she thought he came through without the fob and without being buzzed in- maybe coming through when someone else was coming in or going out. That's what it seemed like, at least. I think we've all probably seen that.

Of course, from there, everything gets ratcheted up because she's confrontational and he is too, possibly with perfect justification.

Then she wants to know whether he really lives there. Makes some level of sense IF she thought he got through the security door without a fob.

She's a harpy, to be certain, but racist? Maybe. I'm looking for some evidence that this was race-based, not building security based. Like I said, maybe there's something out there that makes it clear.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe she is a racist. I don't know.

However, I have no trouble believing that an employee of the complex would confront a person if she thought he came through the security door without a fob. There was a lot of fob talk in the piece of video I saw. I am assuming this is one of those building where you have to scan a card or fob to get through the security door, then you have kets for your own unit. It seems like she thought he came through without the fob and without being buzzed in- maybe coming through when someone else was coming in or going out. That's what it seemed like, at least. I think we've all probably seen that.

Of course, from there, everything gets ratcheted up because she's confrontational and he is too, possibly with perfect justification.

Then she wants to know whether he really lives there. Makes some level of sense IF she thought he got through the security door without a fob.

She's a harpy, to be certain, but racist? Maybe. I'm looking for some evidence that this was race-based, not building security based. Like I said, maybe there's something out there that makes it clear.

If a white person was involved, by definition there is racism afoot, even if everyone else involved is white.

Tailgating at security doors is something you're supposed to prevent!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If a white person was involved, by definition there is racism afoot, even if everyone else involved is white.

Tailgating at security doors is something you're supposed to prevent!

Yeah, we're supposed to not allow "tailgating" when going into our office areas (which require a card swipe), but I was raised to hold the door for people so... :dunno: I reckon if they've gotten past armed security and metal scanners to get into the building in the first place (and I recognize them too 99.9% of the time), they're probably okay.

ETA: Unless they're working calculus problems on their phone or ipad - then I'm slamming the door. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom