"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/massi...medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons
    Massive stockpile of bottled water found in Puerto Rico a year after Maria

Wasn't sure where to put this.
    I think earlier, it was posted there were huge amounts of food found. Now a buttload of water.

So, all the people that were complaining about the "response" to the hurricane that went through Puerto Rico..
    Looks like there was a great response.
    But it looks like the local governments dropped the ball.
    The same one that had the shirts printed up for photo ops.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have a theory that many people who donate to things like this they see on the news or social media are trying to get a little notoriety or enhancing their self-esteem in their own minds by making themselves part of the story.

I may be cynical....accurate, but cynical.

Strange outlook those folks have, when I'm spending my money on myself it makes me feel great.:D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His first mistake was opening the door because somebody was jiggling the knob.

Yes, I guess I'm victim blaming. So what. If my doorknob is moving for a prolonged period I aint opening the door to see wtf is up. I'm looking through the peephole first to make sure its somebody who deserves to be there (wife's key doesnt work,etc) Only a moron adjusts the chip on his shoulder and swings open the door to say "what's your problem?!?!?!" Dont get out of the boat no matter how big, bad, and macho you are.

"His" mistake? How do we know he didn't look through the peephole first, and then seeming a police officer, opened the door to find out what the issue was? ...not than any of what I or you mentioned has been suggested in any of the articles I've yet seen.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "His" mistake? How do we know he didn't look through the peephole first, and then seeming a police officer, opened the door to find out what the issue was? ...not than any of what I or you mentioned has been suggested in any of the articles I've yet seen.
    Yep. Hes dead and cant tell his side of the story and I'm certainly not gonna 100% believe the word of a person who parks on the wrong floor, and enters the completely wrong apartment on a different floor, and who's in legal jeapordy and could possibly bennefit by lying.
    I'm NOT saying she is lying. I'm just saying, other witness accounts are going to also impact this case I believe

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/12/massi...medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons

I think earlier, it was posted there were huge amounts of food found. Now a buttload of water.

So, all the people that were complaining about the "response" to the hurricane that went through Puerto Rico..

I don't see how this discover makes the federal response "better" in any way. FEMA, at least in situations I'm familiar with, aren't simply a transport service, they actively distribute items to need to people directly, wherever people in need may be.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't see how this discover makes the federal response "better" in any way. FEMA, at least in situations I'm familiar with, aren't simply a transport service, they actively distribute items to need to people directly, wherever people in need may be.

Because the local governments are the ones allocating. They know the areas to distribute to. The know the areas to store.

Did the feds drop off unused supplies, just so they could later set people up to blame?

And, I realized this is the break room. And this is kind of political. So I'm going to copy it over to the general politics thread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I dunno...
    Kut donates to the Make the Monkeys Great again fund.
    I take the money and decide to spend it all on hookers and blow instead of giving it to Mrs. Monkey and the little monkeys.
    Now the little monkeys are still starving, and everyone is saying how awful Kut's support of the cause was.

Make more sense now? Is it your fault they didnt get help and that they needed, or corrupt leadership downstream?

That island is corrupt as F***! Havent we been sending billions in aid to them over the past decades to upgrade the infrastructure there to make it more resilient to events like hurricanes? Now we find out all that infrastructure is still the same old crap they've had forever, and our money is gone, spent on God knows what else.

Edit: It is my understanding that FEMA was not the distributor. It was transported to the country and local officials insisted on exercising their sovereignty and distributing it themselves. All we did was drop it at their facilities... where much of it was found months later, rotting in trailers.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    UnpleasantHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

original.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno...
    Kut donates to the Make the Monkeys Great again fund.
    I take the money and decide to spend it all on hookers and blow instead of giving it to Mrs. Monkey and the little monkeys.
    Now the little monkeys are still starving, and everyone is saying how awful Kut's support of the cause was.

Make more sense now? Is it your fault they didnt get help and that they needed, or corrupt leadership downstream?

That island is corrupt as F***! Havent we been sending billions in aid to them over the past decades to upgrade the infrastructure there to make it more resilient to events like hurricanes? Now we find out all that infrastructure is still the same old crap they've had forever, and our money is gone, spent on God knows what else.

Ok, let's say PR is corrupt as ****, and the American citizens on the island are suffering. Who is the onus on to set the local government straight?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok, let's say PR is corrupt as ****, and the American citizens on the island are suffering. Who is the onus on to set the local government straight?

It's those damned corrupt conservative republicans that have been ruling the place more often than not. They are the problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Oh, I don't know, perhaps the onus is on the American citizens suffering on the island to set their own corrupt government straight instead of blaming the Federal government that actually provided aid. Of course that involves accepting responsibility and doesn't lend itself to bashing Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom