"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe 64 was the number from the actual hurricane. Flying debris and drowning and that kind of thing.

I understand the proximate dehydration or starvation deaths might be a more difficult number to pin down, but in a first world country, it shouldn't take Ivy League statisticians to figure it out.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I believe 64 was the number from the actual hurricane. Flying debris and drowning and that kind of thing.

I understand the proximate dehydration or starvation deaths might be a more difficult number to pin down, but in a first world country, it shouldn't take Ivy League statisticians to figure it out.

Well they couldn't even manage to distribute water. Just saying.
    Deaths from dehydration should be on the politicians in Puerto Rico

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well they couldn't even manage to distribute water. Just saying.
    Deaths from dehydration should be on the politicians in Puerto Rico

To my view, we should know how many people died from dehydration.

Heck, we get numbers of flu deaths, west nile deaths, firearms deaths (of course). Just seems like that's something the response groups should track.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    To my view, we should know how many people died from dehydration.

Heck, we get numbers of flu deaths, west nile deaths, firearms deaths (of course). Just seems like that's something the response groups should track.

I know what you mean. Basically what i was getting at is if the government there couldn't even distribute the water i cant imagine them being very affective at doing much at all, let alone collecting valid statistics.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In reading more detailed reporting on the issue, apparently the 3k number accounts for people who died of otherwise treatable issues, like diabetes and sepsis, but treatment was prevented because of lack of infrastructure or electricity.

I guess that's a situation where you have to trust the authorities involved. Like, how many of the deaths from Katrina fall into that same category? (I truly don't know.)

Heck, do we count the cancer deaths from the 9/11 asbestos (and other **** that was in the air) as being caused by 9/11? I'm not sure what the "real" answer is here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    MhPrXsf.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If everyone were committed to an objective analysis using uniform standards as to what constituted a hurricane-caused death, it would certainly be easy.

However, there are many, many parties more interested in their positions than objectivity.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some Gateway Pundit ****-stain thinks the presence of marijuana in the apartment is justification for being shot and killed by a retarded cop.

I don't care if he was cooking meth with child servants.

DnArEq1XsAAqdZa.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Have they searched HER apartment?

Yeah, how about those ****s release what was in her system that night?

Man I am ****ing livid over this ****.

She's not some sort of super-citizen, set above the rest of society... and pulling stories like this to somehow twist the situation is insane.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom