Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Maybe we can start a new rumor to help out an INGO member and stop the hoarding on 5.56... I hear they are going to are going to ban scopes, especially Vortex brand scopes...

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Is there any chance donuts will be banned for officers safety? They are really not very healthy.

(sorry officers. I know it is a stereotype)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If they ban donuts, what am I going to use as a bun for my hamburgers?

Waffles.

buffalo-burger-with-waffle-bun4__no-sugarless-gum.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You've got the right idea :yesway:

Run around more to work off all those donut calories.

I don't think he's trying to work off those donut calories. I think he running around to all the Walmarts buying out their donut stocks before they start limiting purchases.

Limit: 2 donuts/officer.

:)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't think he's trying to work off those donut calories. I think he running around to all the Walmarts buying out their donut stocks before they start limiting purchases.

Limit: 2 donuts/officer.

:)

I'm good with that Walmart carries junk donuts anyway. I'll go get me some Square Donuts and/or Tim's Bakery and/or Long's :drool:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Must be nice to be able to horde one thing after the other... I don't have that much disposable income.

When I DO have some money the family wants to go on vacation, or the furnace goes out, or someones car breaks down... Its called LIFE.

This leads me to believe that either INGO is a kabal of doctors and lawyers, or you fools are putting all this crap on credit cards and racking up debt.

Not a doctor, not a lawyer but financially secure and able to fund my lifestyle's needs/desires. I do put the purchases on a credit card that gets paid in full each month and has cash back rewards of 1 - 4 % depending on the category the purchase falls into. Cash stays in bank earning a little interest for a while before paying the credit card statement. And yes I have a large stash of loaded ammo in every caliber & gauge I shoot plus powder, brass, primers, and bullets to make a lot more. After the shortages following the '08 election I vowed to never need worry about running out of anything again. Not a matter of if things will be short again but when in my opinion.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I was at the PORTER COUNTY/VALPARAISO GUN SHOW AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF 223/5.56 AMMO AVAILABLE, NOBODY THOUGHT TOO MUCH ABOUT IT, SEEMED THAT NOBODY WAS INTERESTED IN THE STUFF REALLY.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I was at the PORTER COUNTY/VALPARAISO GUN SHOW AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF 223/5.56 AMMO AVAILABLE, NOBODY THOUGHT TOO MUCH ABOUT IT, SEEMED THAT NOBODY WAS INTERESTED IN THE STUFF REALLY.

[video=youtube_share;7pdWAcK6Eh8]http://youtu.be/7pdWAcK6Eh8[/video]

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Bought up 5.56 ammo a while back but don't own a gun chambered for that round yet. I know now that I will be able to pick a used AR15 at scrap price when y'all run out of ammo and can't get anymore.

Just wait until election season. Prices are bound to come down :rolleyes:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Alternative solution: buy a gun in a different caliber, so you're not at the mercy of one idiotic rule drying up your supply.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I got a text from my brother earlier today:

"Are they banning 5.56 ammo"

Me: "No. ATF proposed banning 62gr green tip saying its armor piercing, but it hasn't been banned yet and it wouldn't effect any other 223/5.56 ammo like 55gr FMJ."

Him: "Guys at work were saying they are banning all 5.56 ammo, I figured you would know."

Me: "People are stupid."

Top Bottom