Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I heard that the government is going to ban all rubber buckshot due to the rubber being hazardous to children if ingested. I strongly urge you to stop hoarding powder, primers, .22, and .223 so that you can concentrate solely on hording rubber buckshot before this travesty comes to pass.

I read it on the Internet AND heard it in a gun store right after the conversation about the lifetime LTCH going away on June 1st.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    I just browsed Armslist for a minute. The irony is too much. One of the big reasons we are concerned about the ban on 855 is that it's affordable. Apparently over at Armslist this translates into I better buy 420 rounds at $1 apiece before its banned.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Apparently so. We had a BIG push on .223/5.56 ammo today, to the point I wondered where the "new news" was coming from (most of us here on INGO have been aware of the situation for at least a couple weeks now). Apparently it just hit Drudge and some major national news outlets, and of course the uninformed are just reading the (deliberately misleading) headlines and jumping to conclusions. Had a couple guys in the shop this afternoon talking about how "Obama signed that AR ban today". :rolleyes:
    Serious question. Do you guys ever dismiss that BS when you hear customers say crap like that? Or do you just nod your head, and let them continue ranting?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Serious question. Do you guys ever dismiss that BS when you hear customers say crap like that? Or do you just nod your head, and let them continue ranting?

As long as they keep buying stuff, I bet they let the ranting go on. From a business perspective, what's their gain in doing otherwise if it results in increased sales?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When the NRA puts out this:
    Just days ago, Obama's gun-hating bureaucrats at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) announced an imminent BAN on common rifle ammunition used by millions of gun owners LIKE YOU.
    They do what they best. :rolleyes:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    When the word was out back in the 90's that Chinese and East German Steel Core ammo was being BANNED the same buy up happened. People would rather have it and not need it than come up short.

brokemule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Ossian, IN
    Bought up 5.56 ammo a while back but don't own a gun chambered for that round yet. I know now that I will be able to pick a used AR15 at scrap price when y'all run out of ammo and can't get anymore.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Funny how seemingly nobody cared about 855 before the BATFE made their proposed ruling...and now people are all "HOARDE MORTIMER, HOARD" ammunition that they probably never used in the first place, given the cost difference between it and 193.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Must be nice to be able to horde one thing after the other... I don't have that much disposable income.

When I DO have some money the family wants to go on vacation, or the furnace goes out, or someones car breaks down... Its called LIFE.

This leads me to believe that either INGO is a kabal of doctors and lawyers, or you fools are putting all this crap on credit cards and racking up debt.

Top Bottom