Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I am just hoping that I can score a couple thousand rounds of wolf gold or cheap pmc by the time my next training class rolls around.... Such is life, just as I was getting used to seeing it stock .... I have enough to keep me busy for a while but always try to replace what I shoot... I wish people knew it was only m855

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    There's a post on Hoosier Topics right now about ATF restrictions on 12 ga. So...it's not just green tips we have to hoard. Be right back, I have to run to Walmart.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    My local gun shop owner has a large supply of PMC full metal jacket. He has it priced at $8 per box of 20. He said that by 3pm he had sold a months worth. I was there for 10 minutes and saw two people buy 500 rounds a piece. I just hope this doesn't expand into the full blown hoarding of multiple calibers and components. Powder was finally starting to show up again.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    after the xm855 ban happens, then the EPA will go after all lead bullets in a new ban.....back door gun control

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    Haha, but in all seriousness, I'm SERIOUSLY considering building a couple PTAC or PSA "Freedom" rifles for $400 each to sell for $1200 each in the fall/winter of 2016... Worst case, even if there isn't a 2016 hord, I've got a couple of trunk/farm guns...

Mike

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Wit all this talk of green tip being banned, is everyone buying up ALL the 5.56 flavors?

Apparently so. We had a BIG push on .223/5.56 ammo today, to the point I wondered where the "new news" was coming from (most of us here on INGO have been aware of the situation for at least a couple weeks now). Apparently it just hit Drudge and some major national news outlets, and of course the uninformed are just reading the (deliberately misleading) headlines and jumping to conclusions. Had a couple guys in the shop this afternoon talking about how "Obama signed that AR ban today". :rolleyes:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Haha, but in all seriousness, I'm SERIOUSLY considering building a couple PTAC or PSA "Freedom" rifles for $400 each to sell for $1200 each in the fall/winter of 2016... Worst case, even if there isn't a 2016 hord, I've got a couple of trunk/farm guns...

Mike

The poor and downtrodden who have been saving their pennies to buy their first AR and were merely $4.51 away before that panic hits will hate you.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I don't own a single rifle that shoots 5.56mm or .223 cal, but this ban by decree garbage is not cool. This should have never happened with the 5.45x39mm but the non AK-74 shooters didn't care because it wasn't them.

Top Bottom