Apple Won't Create 'Backdoor' to Help FBI Access San Bernardino Shooter's iPhone

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Either the fed gov is the all seeing, all knowing, all powerful overlord or its so incompetent it can't hack a single phone with unlimited resources and time.

Which is it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pure speculation (read bull****) but.... They might want to know how because it might have taken insider knowledge, ie former employee special access, to get into the phone.

Again, if this gets out in the open, like everything else the .gov does with the exception of aliens and jfk, then all bets are off on iphone security.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Darrell Issa was on a radio show last evening. Don't know if he knew what he was talking about or not, but he made reference to physically deconstructing the phone as the means to how they got out the data. :dunno:

He does. While not quite the same, he made his fortune in car alarms.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pure speculation (read bull****) but.... They might want to know how because it might have taken insider knowledge, ie former employee special access, to get into the phone.

Again, if this gets out in the open, like everything else the .gov does with the exception of aliens and jfk, then all bets are off on iphone security.

What I just don't get is as you leave to court certain death as a martyr to jihad, why don't you just brick the phone. Are you expecting some important call or text in the middle of your glorious death?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Either the fed gov is the all seeing, all knowing, all powerful overlord or its so incompetent it can't hack a single phone with unlimited resources and time.

Which is it?

Or they play stupid to enlist public outrage so they can attempt to get a master key when they don't need it and just want to easily crack all phones.

What I just don't get is as you leave to court certain death as a martyr to jihad, why don't you just brick the phone. Are you expecting some important call or text in the middle of your glorious death?

You expect intelligence from someone who's greatest accomplishment boils down to violence against the defenseless?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I'm not convinced they have hacked it. Until some credible info is released that actually leads to something I am comfortable asserting it has been a shell game. They were ticked that Apple had the audacity and didn't bow down, the assertion they hacked it is moot because they can claim silence about anything "uncovered" because of national security. Clearly I initially view everything from our government with my "They are lying spectacles" on !

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Which is it?

Coin toss.

I'm still betting big silicon valley money spoke and the administration listened.

Always follow the money

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not convinced they have hacked it. Until some credible info is released that actually leads to something I am comfortable asserting it has been a shell game. They were ticked that Apple had the audacity and didn't bow down, the assertion they hacked it is moot because they can claim silence about anything "uncovered" because of national security. Clearly I initially view everything from our government with my "They are lying spectacles" on !

That assumes there's something worthwhile on the phone, which there very well may not be.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    They want what they want because they want it. Feebs have never cared about individual citizens, otherwise they wouldn't use stings and Hoover wouldn't have had Ellsberg's file.

Homeland Security is and will always be a danger to liberty.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

At a minimum a soak in some salt water and a few solid hammer strikes should be all she wrote.

Also I had to make salt-water two words.... Sal****er. :facepalm:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They want what they want because they want it. Feebs have never cared about individual citizens, otherwise they wouldn't use stings and Hoover wouldn't have had Ellsberg's file.

Well, there's something we agree on.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

You just want to see kids killed by terrorists you monster...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or they play stupid to enlist public outrage so they can attempt to get a master key when they don't need it and just want to easily crack all phones.

You expect intelligence from someone who's greatest accomplishment boils down to violence against the defenseless?

Perhaps not intelligence but surely animal cunning. Isn't there a Martyrdom for Dummies yet?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Se4oxY3.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So now I'm wondering if they actually found anything, or if the whole "we cracked it" announcement was just a bluff to save face.

Top Bottom