• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I am now 12 hours into waiting for my BTC to be in my wallet on nicehash. Shows as pending, but not yet confirmed. Annoying.

I thought they paid out weekly for less fees. How do you like nicehash. Are you better off. Do you always have to buy a contract.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They were hacked so I didn’t want to leave money sitting there. But this is worse. You need a contract to buy hash power but you can let it sit there in your wallet as an asset if you want

prices for contracts fluctuate so wait for a good price to buy

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    After a hack is the best time to leave ur money in. Security is stepped up and they have a new Ceo. One more hack and they go under. So U know they are on it now.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    XRP up nicely again. Slowly climbing back.
    Fully out of XVG now. Made money on it but should have sold all yesterday. Send more money towards Nicehash, but the one I started 19 hours ago still has not finished. GRRRRRR.

so I needed $ to put into nicehash so I sold my CVC, for 0.83. Then it went up to $1.23 in two days. Figures.

i did another buy on nicehash. $298. I figure with fees I need $312 back to break even. After 42 mins I have made $163. I have another 2:42 remaining :rockwoot:

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You have to have a strong hand to make money if you think you have a winner but I'm sure you already know that by now. I'm still in XVG. Going to hold a few months and see if there really is a release. So what did your profit work out to be per day per card. Which cards are you running. I finally tracked down 8 1080ti cards now waiting for everything to get here so I can build. Sounds like you have a good handle on the mining. Have you looked at hashflare?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/02/intel_cpu_design_flaw/

In an email to the Linux kernel mailing list over Christmas, AMD said it is not affected. The wording of that message, though, rather gives the game away as to what the underlying cockup is:

"AMD processors are not subject to the types of attacks that the kernel page table isolation feature protects against. The AMD microarchitecture does not allow memory references, including speculative references, that access higher privileged data when running in a lesser privileged mode when that access would result in a page fault."

AMD may be up for reasons only peripherally related to block chain

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    You have to have a strong hand to make money if you think you have a winner but I'm sure you already know that by now. I'm still in XVG. Going to hold a few months and see if there really is a release. So what did your profit work out to be per day per card. Which cards are you running. I finally tracked down 8 1080ti cards now waiting for everything to get here so I can build. Sounds like you have a good handle on the mining. Have you looked at hashflare?

Sweet. I think I'm about to start buying parts.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hard to find them in stock at a good price, for GPUs

GEE I WONDER WHY

giphy.gif

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Is there a reason you guys like the 1080ti cards? I found an 8 unit RX580 that I can get pretty quickly for less than $4000. What are the down sides to using AMD? If I buy one of these machines do I then have to pay someone else to mine coins....or can I plug it in and start mining?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is there a reason you guys like the 1080ti cards? I found an 8 unit RX580 that I can get pretty quickly for less than $4000. What are the down sides to using AMD? If I buy one of these machines do I then have to pay someone else to mine coins....or can I plug it in and start mining?

The programs to mine are free, you pay a commission of hash power automatically to the developer. And a small one to the pool you mine with

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Collective Marketcap of the entire space 3/4 of a TRILLION dollars ($740,000,000,000) ! That's incredible. At this point last year $17 Billion.

I'm still on the legacy coins. BTC, LTC, ETH... and a reasonable play in IOTA.

Oh, and though it's embracing, Bitconnect too, lol. Don't give me grief. I got in early.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If u got in early on those coins u are in great shape. Ltc is turning into a dog lately but may bounce back. Still lots of good coins out there for those new to the game. Still a great time to get in. Ripple has gone 6x your money in about 30 days. That's not bad. You can't get that at the bank. I still believe ripple is safe for 2 or 3x your money this year.

Top Bottom