• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Because I have dealt with kids his age and went thru much worse.

You dont have to be a parent to know kids.

Save your insults wise guy, as I dont see much from you on how to handle this. :rolleyes:

So you have worked with troubled youths??? Then why don't you give him some sound advice, and then go back and re-read my OP where you can see I did just that.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Military school or get the police involved and have him sent to juvie.

Family went thru this crap with my niece to the point she was booted out of everyones house and not allowed anywhere near mine.

I am the proud uncle of a lying, stealing herion head and she can rot in hell for all I care.

Get him out before he has the bright idea to murder you for drug fix.

Good luck and I support your actions 100% regardless of extremes.

Wild animals need dealt with by whips and chains.

Apparently, he should not take your advice, considering your niece is that bad. This means that your family didn't find an answer so she is now a lost cause. Right? No, you don't give up. You try couseling, or youth programs, or what ever you have to do.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Remember the old saying... You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

Says volumes.

Theres only so much you can do and then you move on.

Sometimes there is no answer and you leave it at that.

You all put your money where your mouthes are and go thru this stuff.

It's easy to talk when you arent the one its happening to.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    So you have worked with troubled youths??? Then why don't you give him some sound advice, and then go back and re-read my OP where you can see I did just that.

Yep, daily.

Been thru this and worse.

Why, you don't respect my opinion so I don't give a damn about yours.

Just call it more of my negativity, bud. :)

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    So, I get kicked around for having an opinion and speaking from experience.

Wow, what a fair group we have here.

Don't agree so we gang up and give you negative reps.

Nice.

Reminds me of the government in place right now.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Remember the old saying... You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

Says volumes.

Theres only so much you can do and then you move on.

Sometimes there is no answer and you leave it at that.

You all put your money where your mouthes are and go thru this stuff.

It's easy to talk when you arent the one its happening to.

Honestly, I cannot go into all the experience I have with situations like this.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yep, daily.

Been thru this and worse.

Why, you don't respect my opinion so I don't give a damn about yours.

Just call it more of my negativity, bud. :)

You do not know what I do, or where my education is at... so for a minute just think that maybe I do have some experience in this area. Just because you lived it with your niece doesn;t mean you have all the answers. I saw an answer to a father at his wits end that will devestate a young man's life forever. Having the background I do I couldn't not let your opinion go unanswered.

I never said I didn't respect your opinion. You have the right to your opinion, your morals and your values just like we all do. We also have the responsibility on how we influence those around us.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have never had this problem with my children. I did however mouth off to my father once when I was about 14, he caught me in the chin with an uppercut that literally lifted me off my feet. As I got up off the floor he invited me outside saying if I was old enough to talk like a man then I was old enough to back it up like a man. I chose to mow the lawn instead. I never again disrespected him, if anything I respected him more afterwards.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Nice.

I haven't been trying to "gang up" on you, I just think Fatherly advice from someone who has never been a Father is basically worthless.

With that being said, negative rep pile-ons for giving one's opinion are equally as foolish, so I'll probably reverse your negative rep status and let you start from scratch(plus a badge or so).

I have never had this problem with my children. I did however mouth off to my father once when I was about 14, he caught me in the chin with an uppercut that literally lifted me off my feet. As I got up off the floor he invited me outside saying if I was old enough to talk like a man then I was old enough to back it up like a man. I chose to mow the lawn instead. I never again disrespected him, if anything I respected him more afterwards.

Damn, it's hard to even fathom my Dad uppercutting me.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Never said I had all the answers, nor did I say anything about your education.

Moot point and has no bearing on this subject.

The man asked for opinions, I gave mine and got called names, sh*t on, and left neg reps because you guys didnt agree.

Again, so much for free speech.

I leave it at that....

The honest facts

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

Nice.

I neg repped you for you calling me elitist. I don't take kindly to it especially since I was never in this thread to start with.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Your free speech isn't being restricted but you will always bear the consequences of people disagreeing with you. Right now, the consequence are people shrinking your points total of an imaginary points total. I'd say that it is pretty inconsequential. No one is telling you that you can't speak your mind (yet), but they are saying that they disagree with you. The rep system is there to give reps for comments one agrees with. On the flipside, it is also there to give neg rep to comments one dislikes or disagree with.

At the end of the day, it's just the internet. Rayne's contribution to her community is no small feat. She's a good woman and I've had the pleasure of having dinner with her amongst several other INGOrs. If you're doing the same in your NW corner of the state, carry on.

The perception on here is that your comments are being seen as a bit short or rude to an established member on the board. Once you've earned your place and everyone gets to know you a little bet, the board is much less anonymous and a lot more friendly. When I first started, I think the mods almost banned me.

I don't want anyone to let the sun go down on their anger... if they're angry at all.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    No prob, i'm over it.

No offense but I took it that Rayne was a man.

One last thing, tell that HANDK joker to stop sending me nasty pm's

I wont put up with that bullsh*t

Leave it alone, man.

.45kohnACP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    boonies of NWI
    Has the OP made any headway on this? I really hope it hasn't gotten physical.

On a side note I would positive rep Black Wolf if I knew how. You gave an opinion just like everyone else including my self in this thread.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    I couldn't do that. As we chat though, he made some verbal threats of punching me.
    its true thats how most teens are nowadays. im only 22 and i know that. if i ever talked to my dad like that even now i would get my a** kicked. dont get me wrong my dads great. i respect him. you need to let him know whos boss. let him know he isnt as "bad" as he thinks he is. seems like younger guys feel they have this obligation to show everyone how bad they are...thats why you hear about them all shooting each other.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I'm not taking any of this personal from anyone. I thought maybe some folks go through this stuff with their teens. This is pretty serious when it gets to the point of them cursing at you, name calling, absolutely refuse to help with anything and threats of confrontation.
    The only thing I can think why he acts like this is peers.
    I'm a good dad to the kid. There's absolutely no reason or excuse for this behavior. He doesn't realize how good he has it here.
    I never treated my parents with so much disrepect and cold heartedness. So I really don't understand it.
    After trouble with him in the recent past, he still has not realized he has it made living here. To be honest, I don't think he ever will.
    Anyway, job corp requires them to be 16. I had another idea to try. Pick him up at school everyday, drop him at his mothers house until I get out of work. That is if I can get any cooperation. Him and her will have to deal with this horrible, just absolutely horrible pos fathers routine of responsibility for a while until he realizes how tough he makes things on himself. Hope this works.
    I try to be optimistic but since this would make life slightly easier, it probably won't work. Any bets?

BTW, thanks for conversing on the subject with me. It's something that a lot of us have in common here. That's the Dems, Pubs, conservatives, progressives, libertarians, whatever you are, Thanks.

Last edited:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I'm not taking any of this personal from anyone. I thought maybe some folks go through this stuff with their teens. This is pretty serious when it gets to the point of them cursing at you, name calling, absolutely refuse to help with anything and threats of confrontation.
    The only thing I can think why he acts like this is peers.
    I'm a good dad to the kid. There's absolutely no reason or excuse for this behavior. He doesn't realize how good he has it here.
    I never treated my parents with so much disrepect and cold heartedness. So I really don't understand it.
    After trouble with him in the recent past, he still has not realized he has it made living here. To be honest, I don't think he ever will.
    Anyway, job corp requires them to be 16. I had another idea to try. Pick him up at school everyday, drop him at his mothers house until I get out of work. That is if I can get any cooperation. Him and her will have to deal with this horrible, just absolutely horrible pos fathers routine of responsibility for a while until he realizes how tough he makes things on himself. Hope this works.
    I try to be optimistic but since this would make life slightly easier, it probably won't work. Any bets?

BTW, thanks for conversing on the subject with me. It's something that a lot of us have in common here. That's the Dems, Pubs, conservatives, progressives, libertarians, whatever you are, Thanks.

We can tell you are a good father just because you are looking for answers. This means you care enough to put out the effort. I really strongly suggest getting the counseling. It will help more then you think. You could do some by himself, and together. I don't think any of us truely appreciate what our parents give us while we are living with them. I know personally that peers can majorly effect what you do and how you act. Good luck and I hope things get better.

Top Bottom