Anyone ever broken the safety on their 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    imho, you grinding the back of a 1911 makes the area looked machines and unfinished.
    Uh...What? That's why I also refinish them! Why would I blend the back, without refinishing...If that's what you were trying to say...

Your grammar insults me more than your opinion of my pistol!

100_7442_zps927db784.jpg

Last edited:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Now you got it.
    My son has decided he wants to get another Para P-12 double stack. I sold all 3 of the Para's last summer and went single stack. Now to find one.
    My dad bought a Para Carry 12 a few years ago, I'm not sure if he ever got it broken in, because we couldn't find ANYTHING it would eat more than 1 or 2 of before it would fail to feed or fail to eject. Being 3", I assume it was prone to the same cycling issues as any other compact 1911? (Even though it wasn't one)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My dad bought a Para Carry 12 a few years ago, I'm not sure if he ever got it broken in, because we couldn't find ANYTHING it would eat more than 1 or 2 of before it would fail to feed or fail to eject. Being 3", I assume it was prone to the same cycling issues as any other compact 1911? (Even though it wasn't one)

Mag sensitive. We had 2 officers and one full size. I had to really work the ramp on one of the officer models. Got it running reliably and sold it. Kept the P-12 alloy frame and the P-14 Limited until last year. The 14 was a serious shooter. The 12 ate well over 10K before I rebuilt it.
    My son loved the double stacks for the grip width. I am thinking of posting a WTB for one.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Mag sensitive. We had 2 officers and one full size. I had to really work the ramp on one of the officer models. Got it running reliably and sold it. Kept the P-12 alloy frame and the P-14 Limited until last year. The 14 was a serious shooter. The 12 ate well over 10K before I rebuilt it.
    My son loved the double stacks for the grip width. I am thinking of posting a WTB for one.
    I couldn't get onboard with the "Light double action" trigger in the carry 12, or I might have tried to talk him out of it! (Googled pics of the P-12. Single action, right?)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I couldn't get onboard with the "Light double action" trigger in the carry 12, or I might have tried to talk him out of it! (Googled pics of the P-12. Single action, right?)

I had one of the double action hammerless for a short time. It was :poop:
    I like the 1911 single action triggers. The P-12 was an alloy frame double stack 1911 clone.

Top Bottom