• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Yep... the worst was Platoon, but I was at a military movie house and it was all soldiers and family. Many having been vets from that war.

I saw "We were soldiers once" with my little brother at some point in between 3 tours in Iraq. One part really got him and he had to step out for a minute.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seth Rogen apologizes for American Sniper comments | Rare

says something ****ty he thinks is clever, gets a negative response, backtracks, but then blames people for being mad. Screw him.

We all know Seth Rogen meant exactly what he said right up until the moment he found out all America isn't like his Hollywood lib buddies.

Seth got his ass Whoopied:

[video=youtube_share;V5ZrjxGKGnY]http://youtu.be/V5ZrjxGKGnY[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    what's whooping been eating, small children? She made a good point though, to stir the pot, the movie fat boy Rogen refers to in Inglorius Bastards (and he was IMO, trying to call Kyle a Nazi) was about the life and accomplishments of a sniper.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Our sniper's are some of the best in the world. The world is a better place because of them. Not a doubt in my mind! Anyone actor/director/singer that says other wise is a POS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Our sniper's are some of the best in the world. The world is a better place because of them. Not a doubt in my mind! Anyone actor/director/singer that says other wise is a POS.

I'd like to expand and say that our military, en masse, historically has made the world a better place.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd like to expand and say that our military, en masse, historically has made the world a better place.

Actually, going further, the American spirit. It all starts with the people... and does not necessarily include govt or its policies.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Got back home after seeing it between 4:00 and 6:30.
    Excellent, and I wondered if the silent movie theater and the people remaining seated all the way through the closing scenes showing authentic footage of the funeral procession would be commonplace in other theaters; but the other comments here from those who also saw it answered that question.
    Yes, I teared up a bit at the very end, moved that a very good movie had given proper tribute to a giant of an American.
    Don't hesitate to go see it if you haven't already.
    I may have to get the book now.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I read the book several years ago. I don't generally buy hard back books but this was worth it. I got an AMC gift card I'll use to see the movie Sunday.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    I am watching the movie right now. It's pretty intense.

Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly but........

1) Texting/posting on a forum during a movie(at the theatre) is bad.
    2) Texting/posting on a forum during a moving, emotional, inspirational, riveting movie(at the theatre) that's gripping the nation about a war hero is really bad.

Again, not saying you were doing either of the above, it's just what I interpreted from your post. :dunno:

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I saw "We were soldiers once" with my little brother at some point in between 3 tours in Iraq. One part really got him and he had to step out for a minute.

Only one part? That movie is a bigger tear jerker than Old Yeller.:crying:

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I watched this movie with 150 + people. Not one word, not one cell phone ringing, no one gets up for the bathroom or popcorn. Just silence as the movie plays out.

You can't find heroes in sports, politics, religion, etc. Money, drugs, booze, having girl friends while married has emptied my life of a hero (s).

America is looking for heroes. Someone to stand and fight for what they believe in. Chris Kyle is one of those people. When he says "I am ready to answer my God for every shot I took" WOW! A man that believes in God and willing to answer for his behavior on earth. Now that's a man I can look up to.

Chris Kyle, A man standing up for for God, country, duty, honor and his family. Now that's a hero.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I heard a woman on NPR, imagine that, who said the movie was bad because it did not address the various tall tales, embellished stories or outright lies, told by Chris Kyle, or by others about Chris Kyle.

I wonder if she was critical of the movie Selma because it did not delve deeply into the less than stellar aspects of Martin Luther King Jr's personal life?

Somehow, I doubt it.:rolleyes:

The actions of Kyle in combat and his work with other returning soldiers are what make him a heroic figure. MLK's actions to advance the civil rights movement are what we find heroic in him. Both were flawed, mortal men. They each have their detractors who point to their failings and gleefully say, see, he ain't that great. He's just like you and me. What makes them both great men, is that they would both look their detractors in the eye and say, you are 100% correct.

People who perform heroically for a brief moment in time when it matters most should not have their achievements diminished because they do not live the other 99.9% of their lives as saints.:twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe I'm not reading your post correctly but........

1) Texting/posting on a forum during a movie(at the theatre) is bad.
    2) Texting/posting on a forum during a moving, emotional, inspirational, riveting movie(at the theatre) that's gripping the nation about a war hero is really bad.

Again, not saying you were doing either of the above, it's just what I interpreted from your post. :dunno:

I see that post as a rushed one from the bathroom break

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I heard a woman on NPR, imagine that, who said the movie was bad because it did not address the various tall tales, embellished stories or outright lies, told by Chris Kyle, or by others about Chris Kyle.

I wonder if she was critical of the movie Selma because it did not delve deeply into the less than stellar aspects of Martin Luther King Jr's personal life?

Somehow, I doubt it.:rolleyes:

The actions of Kyle in combat and his work with other returning soldiers are what make him a heroic figure. MLK's actions to advance the civil rights movement are what we find heroic in him. Both were flawed, mortal men. They each have their detractors who point to their failings and gleefully say, see, he ain't that great. He's just like you and me. What makes them both great men, is that they would both look their detractors in the eye and say, you are 100% correct.

People who perform heroically for a brief moment in time when it matters most should not have their achievements diminished because they do not live the other 99.9% of their lives as saints.:twocents:

Exactly, rep

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I watched this movie with 150 + people. Not one word, not one cell phone ringing, no one gets up for the bathroom or popcorn. Just silence as the movie plays out.

You can't find heroes in sports, politics, religion, etc. Money, drugs, booze, having girl friends while married has emptied my life of a hero (s).

America is looking for heroes. Someone to stand and fight for what they believe in. Chris Kyle is one of those people. When he says "I am ready to answer my God for every shot I took" WOW! A man that believes in God and willing to answer for his behavior on earth. Now that's a man I can look up to.

Chris Kyle, A man standing up for for God, country, duty, honor and his family. Now that's a hero.

+1

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Bill Maher is on the bandwagon bashing Chris Kyle saying that in his book he says "the Iraqi's were savages" and "that I hated them"….saying thats not something a Christian should be saying……wow Bill, when did you ever come to the defense of "Christianity". Bill should stick with what he has done to improve and help America, then we wouldn't have to hear him anymore.

Top Bottom