• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, essentially, Chris Kyle said that DoD snipers (SEALs) working for Blackwater during a leave from DoD work killed 30+ U.S. citizens down in New Orleans in the wake of the Katrina flooding?

That's what Webb says. It's been implied the Kyle participated, but I can't confirm that.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, essentially, Chris Kyle said that DoD snipers (SEALs) working for Blackwater during a leave from DoD work killed 30+ U.S. citizens down in New Orleans in the wake of the Katrina flooding?

And apparently his supporters would rather the story be true than to acknowledge he isn't god.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    And apparently his supporters would rather the story be true than to acknowledge he isn't god.

I would hope to goodness that NO ONE wants that story to be true. And if it is true, how does something like that get covered up? I understand that in third world countries this might go unreported, but here in the U.S.?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My own opinion is that there are very few people in this world that are entirely good and few that are entirely evil. Everyone is a mix that nets out somewhere on a spectrum between those two extremes. That's why we should avoid standing in moral judgment of anyone else.

For me, that standard applies to Chris Kyle, too.

Here is a Washington Post article that describes the incidents in question. How they came to be known and how efforts to confirm them were resolved - or unresolved, as the case may be.
    The ?unverifiable? legacy of Chris Kyle, the deadliest sniper in American history - The Washington Post

Of the New Orleans story:
    According to the New Yorker and several military publications, Kyle and a few other SEALs drank late in San Diego late one night in early 2012. “The SEALs began telling stories, and Kyle offered a shocking one,” the New Yorker reported. “…He and another sniper traveled to New Orleans, set up on top of the Superdome, and proceed to shoot dozens of armed residents who were contributing to the chaos.” The magazine said one conversation participant said Kyle “claimed to have shot thirty men on his own,” while another said Kyle and the other killed 30 between them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I would hope to goodness that NO ONE wants that story to be true. And if it is true, how does something like that get covered up? I understand that in third world countries this might go unreported, but here in the U.S.?

Whatever it takes to make their investment of hatred of Ventura to pay off.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Doesn't Jesse do that fine on his own? His supporters?

Of course... In a world where using a telescopic stick to take a selfie makes you are narcissist and making up stories and writing books about yourself makes you a god to be worshipped.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What is it you guys call your fascination with Ventura?

I have no such fascination. Jessie was one of my favorite wrestlers when I was kid. Now he's a loon living in a tin foil lined house in Mexico. That's all I got.:dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    And here I thought this was a thread about the movie and whether it was good or not. Or maybe how closely it followed the book.

It is always interesting how threads develop with each passing post.:)

Reminds me of that exercise we did in school where we would whisper something to the kid in the desk behind you and follow it around the room and then have the last student say out loud what was passed on. Of course some kids( I will deny it, lol) would purposely change the story just for kicks.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Studio Movie Grill is a pretty cool place to catch dinner and a movie...priced reasonably considering what you're getting, in my opinion. They have a full service bar, as well.

Top Bottom