• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Dude, I really don't want to get into that. I had heard talk, and then did a little bit of research. Needless to say, it's some interesting stuff. If you guys really want to know, ill address it, but it may ruin your perception of him.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Michael Moore is a professional troll. Ignore.

Thats insulting to trolls. He gets famous from his comments. Wish they would pack him and the likes of him up set them off in Syria and let them figure it out. But if they did that my plane that fly's into the sun would have a vacancy...

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Dude, I really don't want to get into that. I had heard talk, and then did a little bit of research. Needless to say, it's some interesting stuff. If you guys really want to know, ill address it, but it may ruin your perception of him.

PM me the links, please. I read a few blogs, but they were all "he said, she said" with no supporting links nor any credible information. So, for now, those bloggers and posts just look like jealous haters to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    PM me the links, please. I read a few blogs, but they were all "he said, she said" with no supporting links nor any credible information. So, for now, those bloggers and posts just look like jealous haters to me.

Both Brandon Webb and Marcus Luttrel make reference to stories Kyle told them. Webb concerning Katrina and Luttrel the carjacking incident.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Kyle has a record of honesty. Ventura has a record of... :rolleyes:
    Actually, that's not true. He's been caught in a couple of embellishments (and I'm being polite)...

No disrespect, but you made the statement. You can back it up or not.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No disrespect, but you made the statement. You can back it up or not.

Here's Webb's article in reference to the conversation he had with Kyle about Katrina.

Operation Pelican | SOFREP

You can join up if you want to read the whole thing, but the quote is:
    "In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle(author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater
    Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Then from Luttrels book "Lone Survivor,":

"There’s a story about Chris Kyle: on a cold January morning in 2010, he pulled into a gas station somewhere along Highway 67, south of Dallas. He was driving his supercharged black Ford F350 outfitted with black rims and oversize knobby mudding tires. Kyle had replaced the Ford logo on the grill with a small chrome skull, similar to the Punisher emblem from the Marvel Comics series, and added a riot-ready aftermarket grill guard bearing the words ROAD ARMOR. He had just left the Navy and moved back to Texas.

Two guys approached him with pistols and demanded his money and the keys to his truck. With his hands in the air, he sized up which man seemed most confident with his gun.

Kyle knew what confidence with a gun looked like. He was the deadliest sniper in American history. He had at least 160 confirmed kills by the Pentagon’s count, but by his own count—and the accounts of his Navy SEAL teammates—the number was closer to twice that. In his four tours of duty in Iraq, Kyle earned two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. He survived six IED attacks, three gunshot wounds, two helicopter crashes, and more surgeries than he could remember. He was known among his SEAL brethren as The Legend and to his enemies as al-Shaitan, “the devil.”

He told the robbers that he just needed to reach back into the truck to get the keys. He turned around and reached under his winter coat instead, into his waistband. With his right hand, he grabbed his Colt 1911. He fired two shots under his left armpit, hitting the first man twice in the chest. Then he turned slightly and fired two more times, hitting the second man twice in the chest. Both men fell dead.
    Kyle leaned on his truck and waited for the police.

When they arrived, they detained him while they ran his driver’s license. But instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history. When they reviewed the surveillance footage, the officers found the incident had happened just as Kyle had described it. They were very understanding, and they didn’t want to drag a just-home, highly decorated veteran into a messy legal situation."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Both Webb and Luttrell considered Kyle their friend. Both were SEALS, with Webb having been the head sniper instructor for the SEALS, and Luttrell obvious known from his own book. Either they are being untruthful, or Kyle is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Both Webb and Luttrell considered Kyle their friend. Both were SEALS, with Webb having been the head sniper instructor for the SEALS, and Luttrell obvious known from his own book. Either they are being untruthful, or Kyle is.

Thanks for posting the links!

Personally, unless you are looking for any little thing to paint Kyle as a bad guy, I don't see the relevance. Maybe others do?
    He said, she said, rumors seem like quite a stretch.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I've worked for the DoD for over 30 years and loved this film and "Unbroken". Two completely different time periods, completely different ways of waging war, the one constant is war is full of fog and it's hell on earth. Yet, mere mortal men must wage it and make decisions in that fog - decisions that end lives. I thought the film, like the book, was fair and held to the subtle and understated where needed. If I were a Marine I'd want someone like Chris watching my back. Period.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thanks for posting the links!

Personally, unless you are looking for any little thing to paint Kyle as a bad guy, I don't see the relevance. Maybe others do?

The relevance is that earlier there were people slamming Ventura over his slander lawsuit. I said that if he was slandered by Kyle, then living or dead, his estate is liable for Ventura's loss. Someone then said that Kyle was essentially was more believable than Ventura. I contested that opinion, and tried to leave it at that. You demanded sources, and provided what I knew. And I still haven't injected my own opinions... which I hope I don't have to do. But I will probably be insulted by somebody and you'll end up seeing it anyways.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've worked for the DoD for over 30 years and loved this film and "Unbroken". Two completely different time periods, completely different ways of waging war, the one constant is war is full of fog and it's hell on earth. Yet, mere mortal men must wage it and make decisions in that fog - decisions that end lives. I thought the film, like the book, was fair and held to the subtle and understated where needed. If I were a Marine I'd want someone like Chris watching my back. Period.

I'd concur, as a soldier on the battlefield he amazing.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Then from Luttrels book "Lone Survivor,":

"There’s a story about Chris Kyle: on a cold January morning in 2010, he pulled into a gas station somewhere along Highway 67, south of Dallas. He was driving his supercharged black Ford F350 outfitted with black rims and oversize knobby mudding tires. Kyle had replaced the Ford logo on the grill with a small chrome skull, similar to the Punisher emblem from the Marvel Comics series, and added a riot-ready aftermarket grill guard bearing the words ROAD ARMOR. He had just left the Navy and moved back to Texas.

Two guys approached him with pistols and demanded his money and the keys to his truck. With his hands in the air, he sized up which man seemed most confident with his gun.

Kyle knew what confidence with a gun looked like. He was the deadliest sniper in American history. He had at least 160 confirmed kills by the Pentagon’s count, but by his own count—and the accounts of his Navy SEAL teammates—the number was closer to twice that. In his four tours of duty in Iraq, Kyle earned two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. He survived six IED attacks, three gunshot wounds, two helicopter crashes, and more surgeries than he could remember. He was known among his SEAL brethren as The Legend and to his enemies as al-Shaitan, “the devil.”

He told the robbers that he just needed to reach back into the truck to get the keys. He turned around and reached under his winter coat instead, into his waistband. With his right hand, he grabbed his Colt 1911. He fired two shots under his left armpit, hitting the first man twice in the chest. Then he turned slightly and fired two more times, hitting the second man twice in the chest. Both men fell dead.
    Kyle leaned on his truck and waited for the police.

When they arrived, they detained him while they ran his driver’s license. But instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history. When they reviewed the surveillance footage, the officers found the incident had happened just as Kyle had described it. They were very understanding, and they didn’t want to drag a just-home, highly decorated veteran into a messy legal situation."

What? I'm not seeing the problem.
    He killed armed robbers and that makes him a bad guy?
    THAT is the controversy? :rofl:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's obviously written in a very embellishing way... but it can't be hard to verify the deaths of two people these days. Or find a police report.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but no one, and I mean no one, has proof this occurred. Personally, I think Kyle did what every man on the planet has been guilty of. He got around some buddies and started telling tall tales. The problem, is that unlike Kyle, you and I don't have to worry about someone publishing our "stories."

Top Bottom