• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, that's what I thought, but no one, and I mean no one, has proof this occurred. Personally, I think Kyle did what every man on the planet has been guilty of. He got around some buddies and started telling tall tales. The problem, is that unlike Kyle, you and I don't have to worry about someone publishing our "stories."

So how does that jive with the below?........

"In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle(author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater
    Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

Are we supposed to not believe one but believe the other?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Chris Kyle was a moral. He was a man with flaws like all of us. He was also an elite warrior and when elite warriors or fishermen start talkin, she-it can get deep.;)

The story from Luttrell starts out, "there's a story about Chris Kyle..." Yeah, so? There's lots of stories about lots of war heroes. It doesn't say, Chris told me x, y, and z.

The story from Webb says that he heard rumors and Kyle confirmed the rumors through contacts.

We can only hope that Luttrell's is 100% gospel troof, and that Webb's is 100% Alex Jones BS.:dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It jives because it's probably just another made up story. Trust me, I hope both of Kyle's stories are made up.

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Kutnupe14
    Actually, that's not true. He's been caught in a couple of embellishments (and I'm being polite)...

So...... has he REALLY been caught in embellishements? I'm confused.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I haven't followed the thread close enough... But assuming he embellished 15 stories... How does this relate to him? Are we talking about his book, the Ventura thing, or his achievements in war?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe I haven't followed the thread close enough... But assuming he embellished 15 stories... How does this relate to him? Are we talking about his book, the Ventura thing, or his achievements in war?

Obviously he sucks, should not be thought of as a hero, America is evil, movie shouldn't be doing so well, etc. etc.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It originated over the Ventura lawsuit, and debating who was the more truthful.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So what theater around central Indy is best for seeing this? I NEVER go to the movies, but I think I would like to splurge a little on this one. Interested in IMAX, but the theater in Circle Center has those recliners now. Hmm...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nobody is......... you have to be able to recognize the difference between majority good or majority bad people.

Having not known the man, how would i know? I'm not calling Kyle and bad man, by any means. He appeared to be a good man from all of what I've read, but even a good man is capable of telling whoppers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Having not known the man, how would i know? I'm not calling Kyle and bad man, by any means. He appeared to be a good man from all of what I've read, but even a good man is capable of telling whoppers.

How about all the guys he served with?
    If he was an ******* there MIGHT be a little more info coming out about him, especially now.
    Strangely absent.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what theater around central Indy is best for seeing this? I NEVER go to the movies, but I think I would like to splurge a little on this one. Interested in IMAX, but the theater in Circle Center has those recliners now. Hmm...

Apparently showplace 17 with Imax has beer? Saw two people walk into theatre and sit with a couple pints.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I bought the electronic version of American Sniper this weekend and read the entire book in two days. I was surprised to NOT find the Ventura bar fight in the book. Without Googling, I'm assuming when Jesse Ventura won the lawsuit any reference to that event had to be removed from any future electronic book download and any future printed book had to be printed with that story removed?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about all the guys he served with?
    If he was an ******* there MIGHT be a little more info coming out about him, especially now.
    Strangely absent.

You're saying that as if Kyle was seen by his friends as having low character. Both Webb and Luttrell appear to believe the stories relayed to them; Luttrel by printing the story in his book, and Webb publishing his talk with Kyle shortly after his death. The Webb release is interesting in that due to the allegations, it would appear he wasn't releasing the story to protect Kyle.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Here's Webb's article in reference to the conversation he had with Kyle about Katrina.

Operation Pelican | SOFREP

You can join up if you want to read the whole thing, but the quote is:
    "In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle(author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company), Blackwater
    Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

So, essentially, Chris Kyle said that DoD snipers (SEALs) working for Blackwater during a leave from DoD work killed 30+ U.S. citizens down in New Orleans in the wake of the Katrina flooding?

Top Bottom