• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll probably bring a side job then. My Sten. It's needs blasted before I can paint it. I bought some moly coat I want to try. I haven't painted with it yet. Indygunworks turned me on to it. I am eager to try it. I am a novice painter so we'll see how it goes!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll have my trunnion jig in the bag. It really helps, just don't drill too deep and put a hole in the adapter (like I did the first time).
    :yesway:

Grr... that had to suck!! I have done similar on other projects. Hopefully I'll have you looking over my shoulder!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    anyone bringing a trigger riveting jig? They make putting the trigger guard on esy as oie and that plits the magazine retention right where it belongs which makes them more likely not to need a specially dremeled mag in it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ill toss it in the Tahoe before I leave the house and before I leave Terre Haute with Warthog. Warthog will have to go up on the luggage rack. I sure hope his cheeks dont flap in the wind like a bull dog or my gas mileage will sufffer terribly ! :laugh:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: It'll be find he's not that old :fogey: Or is he?? :dunno: He'll let us know :-)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I love to ride where the wind is in my hair so I will be fine. I am a child of 51 so plenty of years left. :D

51, wtf Am I gonna be the old dude there? At 52 I got plenty of hair. Years, well I sure hope so!

Party is a week and a half way. How are you guys doing on sourcing your parts? I am GTG. But then I was a boy scout so we're always prepared :laugh:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    And god said "let there be ak47 compliance parts"....on my doorstep..Thanks MIDWAYUSA! :rockwoot:

I got some spare rivets for the knuckleheads that insist on losing one or destroying one while installing. :laugh:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    And god said "let there be ak47 compliance parts"....on my doorstep..Thanks MIDWAYUSA! :rockwoot:

I got some spare rivets for the knuckleheads that insist on losing one or destroying one while installing. :laugh:

Swweeeetttt!!!

Has anyone drilled a gas port in the barrel before? I did get a couple of drill bits for it. There's going to a a lot of first here for me!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Has anyone drilled a gas port in the barrel before? I did get a couple of drill bits for it. There's going to a a lot of first here for me!

Yes, it's not very hard. If your bits are long enough, you can do it redneck and stick the bit down the gas block hole and drill with a good handheld. Or you can mark the barrel and pop the gas block back off and use a drill press.

Top Bottom