• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a press but no plates to press on, those were lost when I moved here.

I can always build this thing tomorrow but I thought it might me nice to bring some help as well as getting mine done. :p

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    HHEHE.. Just poken at the Warthog!! Looking forward to shaking a lot of hands at this party! We're going to have a good time and hopefully get a lot done!

We have people that haven't checked in. I'll send some PM's as we get closer.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Where do we stand? I know I am coming but without some of the folks the tools won't be there.

I am having trouble getting my old partner to come up off of his Plinker's Jig and riveting jigs so that means only one set from the other person, another bottle-neck. I am starting to wish I had never been as good to him as I was when we split up and I sold him the business. :(

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am pretty sure Psode27 is coming. I do believe he has the rivet jaws type jig and the stuff to use a press. If he can't come I think he could be persuaded to loan it :bat: LOL. Paul's a nice guy! He's offered to loan it to me before.

I'll see how the budget goes. I might buy some rivet tools. I'll be sending some PM's to see where we are on attendance! I am so ready to do this!

As an added note:

Does anyone have tools they will loan if they can't attend? I will personally guarantee there safe return and make sure they return in working order. Any pay shipping cost both ways. We'd rather have you there though!

Thanks Larry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I have the Toth tool for riveting and the the bolt cutter jaws set up for the trunnions. I do not have the trigger guard set up. I had limited success using the riveter set-up by myself. I'm sure with more hands and secure vise lock down it would probably easier. I have some parts that I think may work for the trigger guard but have not tested it yet. From the last party, the presses and riveting are definitely the bottle necks. Just hoping I can get my two franken guns finished. Let's hope so!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have the Toth tool for riveting and the the bolt cutter jaws set up for the trunnions. I do not have the trigger guard set up. I had limited success using the riveter set-up by myself. I'm sure with more hands and secure vise lock down it would probably easier. I have some parts that I think may work for the trigger guard but have not tested it yet. From the last party, the presses and riveting are definitely the bottle necks. Just hoping I can get my two franken guns finished. Let's hope so!

If someone doesn't chime in I will buy a trigger guard tool. I will see what surfaces! And go from there.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We need to hear from Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed and bringing head space gauges.
    Psode27 confirmed and bringing riveting tools.
    Psode27's friend Checking
    Sgtonory Confirmed

Just to "double" confirm that you are coming and bringing your tools! Please chime in or PM me if your situation has changed. So we can make changes / arrangements. I hope that we can do a few more of these parties. I'd like to do a AR 80% and a Sten gun build. I have a welder now. I am going to try to finish my Mark III yet this week, but that's for another post! I can also see a 80% 10-22 build party!

Let's do this!!! Just a little over 2 weeks away!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can't wait! This will be fun!
    bring your own drinks and food if you want. I'll have a gas grill availible. I'll buy some hotdogs and some burgers. IF Someone volunteers to cook them. I don't know how long I'll be able to stand up with everything else going on

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Once my kit is essentially done, meaning the two trunnions and trigger guard are done, I will cook if needed.

I can also help out with anything needed, again once I am done. I would also love to make a few receivers and have the flats and center supports to make it happen. I hope to be able to get at least one receiver done but two is optimal. I would LIKE to get the trunnions and trigger guard done for the Tantal but them's the breaks if it can't be done. If this goes well perhaps there will be other Build Parties before the summer ends and I can get these other things done then.

I wil have TT's kit and that should make him happy. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am planning on doing one kit. Bringing 2. Both are stripped. I will probably pre-drill the receivers so spot welding rails and rivets are the major job. One barrel is head spaced in the trunnion already. Just need to drill and pin. The other needs pressed, drilled and pinned. I amhoping my stuff goes fast. I'd like to help others & learn. I would love to bring the mini mill/lathe combo but I am not sure about what I am driving yet. If it's my PT cruiser it mine be a chore! lol. I haven't had a chance to get the fuel pump replace in my van yet. I might be able to borrow a truck or a van. We'll see. We can do what we need with a drill press. I have a small one and others have them soo we are GTG there.

I have extra head space gauge's, drill bit's and reamers. I bought the jig to hold the rails for welding. I will bring every tool I think that will be useful.

Dam, let's get this over with!! I wanna go shootin!!!!!! :ar15: Just a couple more weeks!

I might part with my Bulgy kit if someone hasn't picked up a kit yet. It needs a barrel and compliance parts, rivets and gas tube maybe a few more part too. I bought a receiver or it came with one. Anyway, it has one. If not I will do that the next build party! We're gonna have another right?? :@ya:

Lets roll!!!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Another Update: Just a few more builders to double confirm!

Please PM me or mention it here to double confirm your glorious present's at this magnificent event! I will update as we get closer. If you are unable to attend please let us know. Especially if you were bringing tools. We are just 4 weeks away.

Build date: 8-16-14

PM me or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (WE can't say thanks enough!)

Press: Thewabbit and Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Toth tool set: Spearheadersarge (Thanks)

Air compresser & bolt down tools: Triggertime (Thanks)

Barrel threading: Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Bending jigs: 30calmachinegunner has offered use (Thanks!)

Die grinder: Triggertime (Thanks)

Drill press: Several have offered so we should be covered.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th (Thanks)

Riveting: Psode22 has the stuff (Thanks)

Sand blasting: Remauto1187 (Thanks) and bring your scope jig! :-)

Spot welder: Thewabbit

I have a tap and die set I can bring.

Jobs:

Pressing barrel pins: Sgtonory has offered to help with doing that.

Barrel threading Jmsrussel
    Assembly help: Clay, vitaminK

Bringing small parts; vitaminK

Builders:

Airborne18th confirmed and bringing head space gauges.
    Psode27 confirmed and bringing riveting tools.
    Psode27's friend Checking
    Remauto1187 Double confirmed and bringing sand blaster and scope rail drilling jig
    Sgtonory Double confirmed
    Spearheadersarge Double confirmed

Thewabbit Double confirmed and bringing 30calmachinegunner's bending jig, press and spot welder (Boy are we counting on you ! :-)
    Triggertime Double confirmed obviously :-)
    Warthog Double confirmed
    1911ly Double confirmed

Backup builders:

Brrrrt

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    FIRE MISSION!!! I'm having trouble finding a polish underfolder receiver for my polish kit I'm building at the party. Polish underfolder receiver is key! They are proprietary.

i figured nodak would be back in stock in time but it doesn't look like they are. Please pm me as I must have one to build my kit. Thank you!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Top Bottom