• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    U buy rails. Drill and heat treat. I am going to used that receiver. They sell the rails and support. Template is easily found.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Here you go:

Southern Armament LLC - Polish Underfolder 1mm receiver without FRONT trunnion holes.

FIRE MISSION!!! I'm having trouble finding a polish underfolder receiver for my polish kit I'm building at the party. Polish underfolder receiver is key! They are proprietary.

i figured nodak would be back in stock in time but it doesn't look like they are. Please pm me as I must have one to build my kit. Thank you!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I hope all the flats that need bending are 1mm. The jig is setup for 1mm and I'm not sure I would try to bend a 1.5 mm on a grasshopper jig.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I hope all the flats that need bending are 1mm. The jig is setup for 1mm and I'm not sure I would try to bend a 1.5 mm on a grasshopper jig.

The 1.5mm would no doubt damage the jig. People please check your flats! I'll bring a micrometer so we can doubt check the ones that get bent. We want to return the jig in the same shape we got it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    "Houston we have a problem" Albeit a very minor one. I really don't see this as a deal breaker. The bigger air compressor we were going to use to do sandblasting has failed. It's not going to be practical to get it fixed in time. We were planning on using it for sand blasting so doing that may not be a option now.

We'll have smaller compressors for blow down and painting. I just don't think we have the oomph to sand blast. So we're going to be using elbow power. Unless we have a hero here that has a larger compressor that is portable enough to bring? hint hint :stickpoke: But either way I am not letting this stop the show! Let's press on folks!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If everyone else feels that way then we are GTG! And if you don't well to bad :laugh: jk.

I am so ready to do this!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If anyone has card table or foldup tables please bring them. I have a couple but we will need more workspace than just 2 tables. The work benches will probably have drill presses and stuff on them

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have so wooden TV trays that make a fair work space for assembly. I'll try to get those in too.

I have talked to all the builders. We have a plan. Some might not make it but they have been awesome enough to commit there tools! That's awesome! Thanks guys. I'll have the tools ahead of the build party.

I am hopeful that we'll get together again for another build party!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I would greatly appreciate the "air". I have a small compressor I will bring as well. I really would like to get one of my ak's painted. I'm working on getting the dura oat before the party. Hope I can get this done!

Top Bottom