• Poll closed .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If anyone wants to bring a couple 2 litters of soda that's appreciated. We should have a good setup ! I'm really looking forward do this!!! I don't have much of a social life so this will be fun

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Hey guys the toth tools are demonstrated by ginsboy on youtube. You may have to fast forward through some parts but he does a good job with the camera. Other folks are too shaky with their videos. Unless you take some Dramamine have a bag ready. Good luck to you all
    I will see you next time.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey guys the toth tools are demonstrated by ginsboy on youtube. You may have to fast forward through some parts but he does a good job with the camera. Other folks are too shaky with their videos. Unless you take some Dramamine have a bag ready. Good luck to you all
    I will see you next time.

I have been going threw all the info I got from you. Lots of great info. A lot to absorb though! I have been looking at youtube vid's too. I will check Ginsboy's vid's out specifically! thanks for the tip.

And guy's we own Airborn18th a hardy attaboy for the use of his stuff. As well as Psode27. You guys are awesome! It was awesome meeting you this weekend and we will set up another build date ASAP. As well as the other projects we talked about! Sean you are a awesome fellow!!

I am going threw all this info and having this stuff in my hand early I am getting a early jump in the process. I am going to go over all my parts again and measure stuff and try to Be as prepared as I can be. And then I will still be clueless. We will be leaning on the Warthog and any of the other experienced builders. Thank you guys!! So glad to have you on board!

What pop do you Drink Trig?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Na buddy I'm happy. I'm gonna get the kit off warthog and that's the hardest part knocked out! I don't have to try to find a good kit.
    I wish I would have bought a ak74 kit. I'll be building one of those too next time.

We can at least strip your kit. I think I have a spare receiver but it is not a under folder. You'd be welcome to it. I will probably bring it just in case a receiver gets hosed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sounds great! 1911 you can come as early as you want just give me a call. We can even sit down for breakfast together if you want. I know a great local spot where they remember you. Home cooked food.

a friend and I started cleaning the garage up yesterday. Everything is on track.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will bring the buns then. :)

I drink water, no ice, so a cup is all I need. I can't remember if the kit is stripped already or not. In fact I should check mine too.

These are largely stripped and a bit "cleaner" than your typical kit. They were marketed as "Deluxe" back in the hey dat of kits w/barrel in our fine country. Maybe we can make that day return if we vote wisely. :) oops... :whistle:

Anyway, I hope you like it and I haven't heard not asked when I am being picked up but we will arrive in the AM after 9 unless we are on time. :):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds like a plan! I think I will be in town Friday night. I am going to stop in Elwood to see a buddy that I haven't seen in a long time. Then head down your way and grab a motel. I can drop some stuff off Friday night if it's ok? I still need to gather everything up and inventory my parts. Make sure I don't leave anything behind.

It's just a few days away! I really think we are going to have a good time!

Question for the Warthog. Or any of the experience builders. My barrel pin needs drilled. Is it going to be easier for me to do that here or just wait. The barrel is head spaced and I double checked it. Might be nice to drill it so I don't have to re-head space it when I pull it to rivet. What say you.

I am going to try to stuff my small drill press and a couple small vices good for drill presses. I have hold down clamps too. I wish I could bring the mini mill/lathe.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    By drilled, what do you mean? Do you need to oversize a current hole or you have a kit with no barrel pin hole at all? You must ream the hole to the correct size for your pin or it will never go in correctly. Trust me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It is pressed in to the trunnion. It'd have to be to head spaced. I did that. It passes go and fails the no go. I have new gauge's but I have a used set that was a loaner and both sets check the same.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    By drilled, what do you mean? Do you need to oversize a current hole or you have a kit with no barrel pin hole at all? You must ream the hole to the correct size for your pin or it will never go in correctly. Trust me.

Did not see this post, I have the stock pin. I want to try that. It is a serious press fit in the trunnion. The barrel is brand new. I also have a over sized pin if all else fails. I was figuring it would be easier to use the mill and end mill bit and have a better change of being square then using a drill press.

Just dwelling

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll just hang on. I have the stock pin and an over sized pin. Including the over sized reamer. I will all so bring a end mill for stock pins. I have letter and number size bits. Not very expensive bits but they will work.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Port a potty confirmed. Car cleared out so I have room for stuff! I'll load some stuff tonight so I have a head start. It's a go for Saturday. Everything's looking good!!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Awesome! Still clearing out the garage. I've got 2 vehicles still to move out and more stuff to clear. Starting to look like a good work space. Tomorrow I'll be buying the meat and other stuff. That way it will be fresh for Saturday!

for those attending you can drop off your parts and or machinery at the garage and then park one street over. Do not park in the alley even if you see a spot.
    if you have trouble walking a short distance then PM me and call me when you arrive a doll pick you up and drive you around the corner. We want everyone to be happy

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds good. They are going to drop the PP off tomorrow. They get extra for Saturday delivery. So.... I gave them your # if they have issues finding you. You can show them where you want it (suggest down wind ;-) I can walk a bit but I can't carry much very far (sad to say) I can do a dump and run with my stuff. I'll probably catch up with you tomorrow to drop stuff off and you can point me to a motel.

Hey, If by some wild miracle we get a functioning gun, can we get range time near there? I am going to bring some ammo. Hell if we had a big enough back stop I'd bring the AR50 psyko Doubt that is gonna fly though.

Top Bottom