Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Only United States citizens can vote.
    Refugees in the United States cannot vote.
    Refugees must be permanent residents for at least 5 years before applying for citizenship.

In any event, what about Afghan refugees turned US citizens would make you think that they would "vote blue?"
    Somaliias in Minnesota

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Don’t worry, we’re going back. My best friend’s whole battalion just got spun up with warning orders. 72 hours and he’s wagons east.
    They’re going the wrong way for a pullout. That’s not how any of this works.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    We won’t be.China will try to maintain peace now since it’s their companies who are doing most of the resource extraction.

The taliban are hardline Muslims who I sincerely doubt will help the Chinese track down down escaped uighers.

The taliban are a direct threat to chinas oppression of their Muslim populations and their mining operations. I say let them have a go at it.
    I like how you think.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That damn Trump ****ed everything up. First it was the current crisis at the southern border and now it’s the cluster **** in Afghanistan. :n00b:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is very little, if any, heroin in the average junkie's syringe these days. Fentanyl by itself is more plentiful and therefore cheaper. If anything, folks are cutting their fentanyl with heroin because "safety".
    And the Chinese are one of the biggest producers of fentanyl already, why would they wish to involve middle men in providing America with the seeds of its self-destruction

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Random thoughts here, please bear with me.

May 1971: Colonel David Hackworth predicted Saigon would fall in 4 years. His prediction was within 30 days. We don’t have any David Hackworths anymore it seems.

B-52s stopping the taliban. Nearly 50 years ago B-52s stopped the NVA in Operation Linebacker. Christmas 72 the BUFFs brought the NV to the table with Operation Linebacker II. Saigon still fell within 30 days of Hack’s prediction.

paraphrasing Sun Tzu, no State has ever gained from prolonged war. He also said something about not knowing victory if you know neither your enemy or yourself. The Art of War was written 2500 years ago, and Sun Tzu was right.

The incredibly narcissistic and foolish Jenn Psaki (spelled wrong, don’t care) actually uttered something to the extent of the taliban needed to be aware of their role in the international community. Seriously? The enemy is in the 7th century on a good day. If stopping a soccer game to behead someone is a typical Tuesday, they really don’t care about the opinion of the quote-unquote international community.

This spokes-fool was in the Obama administration and interchangeable with the even more annoying Marie Harf (Spelled wrong don’t care.) She once said you couldn’t kill your way to victory. I remember thinking that everyone from Sun Tzu to Curtis LeMay would disagree.

Damn near 20 years. A couple more weeks it’ll be like we were never there. Except they have better equipment now.

The Chi-Coms are playing the long game and playing nice with the taliban. WTF-over?

Too much blood and treasure for a people who are in the 10th century on a good day.
    Damn straight. And King David would disagree, too.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I feel very sorry for the vets and families who sacrificed so much who have to be asking why they did so.

I think that's got to be counterbalanced against how many *more* vets do we make there? I asked on another forum with folks in uniform who have what I would consider good access and the smarts to make informed opinions from that access and the consensus was the Afghan gov't was never (literally never) going to be capable of holding the nation without the US holding a gun for them.

I'm truly heartbroken. Mission creep got us into something that was totally undoable and the people who paid the price were the Americans willing to serve their country and, now, the Afghanis who believed in us. Absolutely terrible choices seemed to be the only ones available at this point.
    None… Make no more vets there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    And the Chinese are one of the biggest producers of fentanyl already, why would they wish to involve middle men in providing America with the seeds of its self-destruction
    I was thinking the same thing. Plus they can outsource their rapists.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, I'm left to wonder if the deep state/MIC complex thought getting out of Afghanistan was actually a good idea ... so good they didn't want Trump being the one to pull it off?

Otherwise, if they did not so think, why would they obey Biden's wishes anymore than they did Trump's in the matter. There is a disconnect

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    They’re going the wrong way for a pullout. That’s not how any of this works.
    Only thing the administration can do to make this debacle worse is to yo-yo back and forth on this thing...so of course that’s what they are going to do. It’s gonna be the damn hokey-pokey over there with all the in and out...

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom