• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This vacuum from the U.S. pulling out will without any doubt cause another 9-11 type attack on the United States before it`s all over. Mark my words.
    I can that kind of quid-pro-quo: taliban let ccp mine etc in exchange for funding terrorism, growing, and refining poppy plants--maybe even helping them lace the heroin with fentynol?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Given that the news was already profit-driven when Dan Rather was a plebe, and NPR was caught slack-jawed as anybody ("Check This Interactive Map of Where you Need to Mask Indoors!"), it's hard to fathom the point of this, unless it's just some kind of protest against the concept of profit.

The news was never not profit-driven. They just have more competitors now. The reasons for which are pretty obvious and insolvable.

Quick version: Networks were always profit driven, but "news" wasn't as it was often viewed as a loss leader and matter of prestige.

Longer version: "The news" as it's own product was radically altered by cable television and the advent of the 24 hour news broadcast. It did not reward investigative journalism and having reporters in the field as much as it rewarded controversy and, for lack of a better term, sexiness. The proliferation of the Internet news sites and the much lower bar of entering mass media furthered that. Investigative journalism was often a "loss leader" for traditional networks, and just like the retail concept of loss leader it lost money on it's own but drew enough consumers of other products to be worth it. It brought eyeballs for your own products (advertising), increased your prestige, etc. There's very little of that done now, and mostly by non-broadcast media finding that niche is something they can survive in. Broadcast media has found it much more profitable to cater to controversy then actually attempt to do any reporting. Even simple weather reporting sexes it up with "storm teams" and related marketing vs the boring old "weather report" even when there's no severe weather.

You obviously can't report on something you have no reporters for. You can only repeat. So much of what is "news" now is repeating and the application of spin to that repetition, not actual reporting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unfortunately jet engines are not like semi bumpers. You cant bounce a body off the cowling of a jet engine without destroying it. Remember Capt Sully? Instead of geese it would be people if they tried to take off with them in the way.

Those engines at full power will pull you in.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I can that kind of quid-pro-quo: taliban let ccp mine etc in exchange for funding terrorism, growing, and refining poppy plants--maybe even helping them lace the heroin with fentynol?
    There is very little, if any, heroin in the average junkie's syringe these days. Fentanyl by itself is more plentiful and therefore cheaper. If anything, folks are cutting their fentanyl with heroin because "safety".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Think I'll listen to WIBC's Hammer And Nigel show at 3:00. Their commentary surrounding the pres talking will be interesting, with their usual local bend on things.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thats funny, because as of first thing this AM they had already called a lid through tonight. Between that and Psaki being suddenly "on vacation", I think they cant take the heat like they thought they could. Maybe the press is tiring of covering for him?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll be curious to see what happens when they start the televised beheading of the Americans that get caught by the Taliban in all this turmoil. Nothing or Invasion 2.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Do we think Biden will pull a Cuomo and talk of all of his successes, then go ahead and resign?

That gives us Harris.:n00b: Carefull what you wish for.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Update from the contractor on the ground a little before 5:00 this morning.

"Got my phone back on. A large sum of us are stuck on a c17 on the runway on Qatar. No food, minimal water, no bathroom, and people have started going down as heat casualties. No plan for the next portion. Anybody have any ideas? We could use some help. Going on close to 6 hours now."

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Thats funny, because as of first thing this AM they had already called a lid through tonight. Between that and Psaki being suddenly "on vacation", I think they cant take the heat like they thought they could. Maybe the press is tiring of covering for him?
    I always thought the concept of “calling a lid” was extremely disingenuous. Like, you’re saying no one can ask you any questions nor do you have to provide any information just because you say so?

**** you.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This all looks so well planned ........not!

Update around 7:45 am.
    "On a different plane now eventually headed for Kuwait. It's like 130 in this b*tch"

20210816_154153_jpg-2054761.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Alpo be like
    I remember the last days of Vietnam pretty vividly. All the anger, sadness and angst felt by many of you is pretty similar to what was felt back then by veterans. Perhaps not quite as much today though. 1/25th of the war dead for US Soldiers. Volunteer army vs draftees. We were pretty pissed at the government. Most of us have stayed that way.

Top Bottom