• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Any group with thousands of members is going to have a few of those people. For this place to be anything like Stormfront, in any way shape or form, the membership at large would have to support those views. And most here don't.

So do me a favor and don't ever equate us with those ****sticks again.

I didn't I only made a prediction of what was to happen should if the site didn't moderate such views. You only need be offended if you hold those views.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's not productive, because rather than look what is actually said, some people get offended because they think they're the ones being talked about.

It's not productive because you brought up the subject needlessly.

Your entire point is predicated upon the idea that enough gun enthusiasts in Indiana are racist that, if it were not for rules, the entire site would devolve into a racist board posing as a gun forum. Do they exist? Sure. But in numbers to shout everyone else down? I don't think so. And I think you have to have a twisted view of things to think so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know that I am dense, But I do not see where racism even comes into the conversation of opposing anti-gunners.

But it always comes up. Recently when Dana Loesh compared the media response to white mothers and black mothers, she was a racist. Now a member says go ahead and vent (BUT) they can vent back. We will become Near Neo Nazi's.

By definition race is lens of a racists eye.

Virtual rep will have to do...:yesway:

Here’s the thing. When I said that, I did not say anything about the rules going away. In fact I said I’m not talking about mods. I’m just saying, say what’s on your mind. Let’s not have thought police on INGO. Let’s not create our own parallel to Political Correctness. Politically correct conversations don’t tend to be real. They’re phony virtue-signaling. Of course all that is within the rules of INGO, where I can still say DiFi is a lying nasty ****. Bloomberg is a lying **********. And David Hogg is a wannabe lying **********.

I don’t have any idea how the **** stormfront fits into INGO based on what I said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Your entire point is predicated upon the idea that enough gun enthusiasts in Indiana are racist that, if it were not for rules, the entire site would devolve into a racist board posing as a gun forum. Do they exist? Sure. But in numbers to shout everyone else down? I don't think so. And I think you have to have a twisted view of things to think so.
    Free speech tends to enable people to reveal what’s really on their minds. Get it out in the open. Let’s us see the real them. As it has here and no INGO rules had to be broken. We’re having a real conversation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I didn't I only made a prediction of what was to happen should if the site didn't moderate such views. You only need be offended if you hold those views.

Even without the rules I think if those types of opinions were posted there would be an epic INGO dogpile the likes of which we haven't seen in some time. The members of this forum are what makes it and the vast majority would not stand for that in our little hangout. But that's just my opinion.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Free speech tends to enable people to reveal what’s really on their minds. Get it out in the open. Let’s us see the real them. As it has here and no INGO rules had to be broken. We’re having a real conversation.

OK, how's this for real: how about we have some integrity to own up to when we step on our own crank, instead of trying to be cute about it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

How is predicting what you think INGO would turn into any different? To turn into something akin to them we would need a similar mindset.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I have no doubt that it would become something approaching that look, hence why I said Stormfront "lite." None at all. Would you like gems from INGOs history made by shooters?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Even without the rules I think if those types of opinions were posted there would be an epic INGO dogpile the likes of which we haven't seen in some time. The members of this forum are what makes it and the vast majority would not stand for that in our little hangout. But that's just my opinion.

That's easy enough to see through clear eyewear. But those rose-tinted lenses....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have no doubt that it would become something approaching that look, hence why I said Stormfront "lite." None at all. Would you like gems from INGOs history made by shooters?

They are such a minority. It wouldn't take them long to be on every ignore list or just shouted down every time they talked.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You would think, but looking at INGOs history, it didn't happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having stated as much in many posts in many threads why the race card. Why. I can not find a post that puts us on this path. If i missed something please let me know but wow.....the race card. When do I get my white privalige card. That makes as much sense.

Everything has to be political or race.

As to Dana’s comment. There was zero racist mind set in that past some dip weed looking to spin it up. Can we not honor those crying for lost children regardless of color. I guess not. Sad sad sad sad sad. Bull **** pure and simple. I am near going off the rails over this as it has little to do with the with what we are addressing so the race crap will stop. To keep on this path will not be cool.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ohio student planned shooting 'bigger than anything this country's ever seen'

In a news release Thursday, Jackson Township Police Chief Mark Brink said a memo discovered on Simons’ phone revealed the teen’s “fascination with school shooters, specifically the Columbine shooters,” referring to the 1999 massacre in Colorado...
    “(T)his will be bigger than anything this country’s ever seen, … I’ve been planning this for a few weeks and thought about it a few months, I will never be forgotten I’ll be a stain in American history and the Simons history, it’s going to be so mutch [sic]. They won’t expect a thing.”

I've said it before and I'll say it again, stop reporting the names of these sick little ****s. Stop posting their pics. Stop making it a game for them, where one sick little **** tries to top the high score of previous ones. Make the only way to know they ever lived be the names of their victims.

This is as simple as a "DO NOT FEED THE BEARS" sign. Media's breathless coverage of these events is feeding these bears. Starve them of what they crave.

This will do more to prevent this **** than any law Congress could pass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To think INGO would become “stormfront-lite” if it weren’t for moderation—which I never said was the goal—you would have to believe a large number of gun owners are stormfront kind of people. Maybe a few of those types would show themselves. Stormfront-lite is hyperbole. People are offended because you make it sound collectively “stormfront-lite”. Surely you see why people might think poorly of that sentiment.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You would think, but looking at INGOs history, it didn't happen.

I'm disappointed. But to be perfectly honest, there are many times where people see things as racist that I have to really stop and think about to decide. It's probably that I'm just not particularly bright or perhaps that I lack the ability to empathize completely with someone else's perspectives. I don't know. I think we are all constantly evolving and growing, some more than others.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To think INGO would become “stormfront-lite” if it weren’t for moderation—which I never said was the goal—you would have to believe a large number of gun owners are stormfront kind of people. Maybe a few of those types would show themselves. Stormfront-lite is hyperbole. People are offended because you make it sound collectively “stormfront-lite”. Surely you see why people might think poorly of that sentiment.

No, you have it backwards. You'd have to believe that large numbers of Stormfront type people are gun owners. If there's no gatekeeper minding the gate, why wouldn't such folks come here and try to spread their ideas? If they convert even one person, it's well worth their time.

My belief isn't a belief about current membership. Let me say that again. My belief isn't about current membership, but rather what membership would look like with out such rules. I completely believe that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom