• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That would be the quickest way to make INGO Stormfront "lite." I'm not opposed to people speaking their minds, but people tend to get really brave when they have the anonymity of the internet.

If that's really the way you feel, then wtf are you doing here?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It certainly exists. I've seen it on INGO. Heck, as much as I don't want it to be, there is probably some bigotry hidden in some dark corner of my fallible human heart. That's probably true of everyone of every color to some extent or another.

I think there are three attitudes people take toward it.

1) Embracing racism, making it part of their personal philosophy.

2) Denying racism, when in fact it exists in a noticeable way.

3) Willing to be corrected, but unaware of any bigotry they might still have

The problem is, if you ever exhibit any amount of racism whatsoever, no matter your best intentions, you are automatically "a racist" which is tantamount to being someone in that first category.

"Oh. I noticed you said something a little ignorant there. You must belong to Stormfront. Why don't you roll up your sleeves so I can see your SS tattoos."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you really think we have so many racists here that INGO is nothing more than Stormfront in disguise, putting on a nice face for the public? That's essentially what you just said in your own way.

I said Stormfront "lite" meaning not outright racist, put certainly it would become a place where we'd see lots of posts that would toe the line, and a few that would blatantly cross it. I mean when there's no rules governing such behavior, what would stop it? Don't take that as criticism of all, or even most, or current membership... just an acknowledgement of what would probably happen as new folks with particular "ideas" were allowed to join, and there was no convention in place to deal with them. Have you ever looked at some of posts made by "shooters?"

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Off topic you say, wait a sec , hold my beer! I see gm finally joined the 20th century in thier 2019 model year fullsize trucks by FINALLY having a wheel well that is the same shape as the TIRE! OMG its, its, round!!:rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, it’s the rules that stop us racists from spewing forth.

OR... we are not who you claim we are

In most cases, pretty much. And when people cross over that line, it seems they are handled swiftly, by mods. If they wasn't such rules in place, why wouldn't someone with those views stick around, and keep preaching their position?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In most cases, pretty much. And when people cross over that line, it seems they are handled swiftly, by mods. If they wasn't such rules in place, why wouldn't someone with those views stick around, and keep preaching their position?

In any large group.................Differing views/opinions etc.

Brother this comes back on me more than you know. That works both ways. Not in here but out in the real.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know that I am dense, But I do not see where racism even comes into the conversation of opposing anti-gunners.

But it always comes up. Recently when Dana Loesh compared the media response to white mothers and black mothers, she was a racist. Now a member says go ahead and vent (BUT) they can vent back. We will become Near Neo Nazi's.

By definition race is lens of a racists eye.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Perhaps we need someone to review the membership for proper purity on their racial feelings, and not some honky that is blind to his own racial bigotry.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If only we had an active mod who was black.

New campaign:

Kutnupe17 for MODERATOR

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I said Stormfront "lite" meaning not outright racist, put certainly it would become a place where we'd see lots of posts that would toe the line, and a few that would blatantly cross it. I mean when there's no rules governing such behavior, what would stop it? Don't take that as criticism of all, or even most, or current membership... just an acknowledgement of what would probably happen as new folks with particular "ideas" were allowed to join, and there was no convention in place to deal with them. Have you ever looked at some of posts made by "shooters?"

Any group with thousands of members is going to have a few of those people. For this place to be anything like Stormfront, in any way shape or form, the membership at large would have to support those views. And most here don't. Most here would call out that ****for what it is.

So do me a favor and don't ever equate us with those ****sticks again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom