Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Psychotropic drugs are a common thread among these mass shooters.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...-are-psychiatric-drugs-causing-mass-shootings

Yes and are they actually staying on them. We know more than a few people that are supposed to be taking one or the other of these to remain stable. They will for a while until they feel "OK" and then stop. Come to find they are still freaking off the rails. My son was involved with a woman that is bat-Poo crazy. When medicated she is OK. When not she is dangerous. They have a little girl together that he is struggling to get full custody at this time. She is just released from jail. No place to live. No car. No money and nobody cares. She should be either in a home or protective custody. To protect us from her.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    By the same token, people are prescribed those drugs because they have mental illnesses, making mental illness just as much a common theme.

Exactly!
    Hey, some meds might work on a few people but some doctors are over prescribing certain meds and the side effects are causing people to go psycho on their communities. Let's go back to before these drugs were invented. We need to bring back Electroshock Therapy and Lobotomy. :n00b:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    New details starting to emerge about some of the calls to police about the shooter.

He reportedly shot a neighbor's chicken with a pellet gun, abused his adopted mom, cut himself, and swallowed gasoline in a failed suicide attempt.

Shortly after Thanksgiving he even called police on HIMSELF told them he was struggling with his adopted mothers death.

If any of this is accurate, it seems there were ample opportunities to at least put a psych hold on this kid if not charge him with domestic violence.

Two deputies have been placed on restricted duty while they investigate how two calls regarding Cruz' dangerous behavior could have been mishandled or disregarded.

Before she died in early November, Cruz's mother, Lynda, had called the authorities numerous times over the past decade to report her son.

She said he had hit her with the plastic hose from a vacuum, and once threw her against the wall after she took his Xbox away.

He suffered from anger issues as well as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Florida school shooter called cops HIMSELF after mom died*

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    New details starting to emerge about some of the calls to police about the shooter.

He reportedly shot a neighbor's chicken with a pellet gun, abused his adopted mom, cut himself, and swallowed gasoline in a failed suicide attempt.

Shortly after Thanksgiving he even called police on HIMSELF told them he was struggling with his adopted mothers death.

If any of this is accurate, it seems there were ample opportunities to at least put a psych hold on this kid if not charge him with domestic violence.

Obviously state laws vary. I would think that he could have been arrested for some of these actions.
    Question for LEO's - If he had drank gasoline in attempting suicide, shouldn't there have been an immediate detention? Or even when he called on himself and reported that he was struggling with his mother's death?
    Also, does an immediate detention meet the standard for reporting to NICS? I mean is an immediate detention enough to be considered admitted to a mental hospital against ones own will?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    About that town hall thing.
    When the kid told Cruz (was it Cruz) that looking at him was like looking at the shooter, he should have asked him if he was making a racists remark.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

That's unpossible. An attempted suicide means nothing, we just need to give the police more powers to intervene and get these people referred to medical resources. And there may have been domestic abuse, but that doesn't disqualify someone from getting a gun. Sheriff Isreal provided outstanding leadership, and his Deputies did everything right. Except the one that he is aware of who refused to go in. It's all that guy's fault....and maybe the fault of the others, but we don't have all the facts.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Obviously state laws vary. I would think that he could have been arrested for some of these actions.
    Question for LEO's - If he had drank gasoline in attempting suicide, shouldn't there have been an immediate detention? Or even when he called on himself and reported that he was struggling with his mother's death?
    Also, does an immediate detention meet the standard for reporting to NICS? I mean is an immediate detention enough to be considered admitted to a mental hospital against ones own will?
    An ID (Immediate Detention) typically keeps them there for 3-4 hours...here in Indy. ID's DO NOT get reported to NICS. An ID forces them to see a doctor at a hospital. They are generally not admitted but released from there. Now you can apply for a "Mental Writ" which is a Judge's order (like a warrant) for us to pick them up and transport them to a facility to be admitted. That takes a Judge, a doctor, and family, in a hearing to have this work. That might hit NICS.

As far as arrests, we are assuming that someone witnessed him commit these. It is quite possible that they "knew" he had done these but could not "prove" it. Caller: "I know the kid next door shot my window with a BB gun." Me: "Did anyone witness him?" Caller: "No". Me: "Unfortunately it is not what we know, but what we can prove. I can take a report but without a witness, there will be nothing else we can do." This happens A LOT.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    An ID (Immediate Detention) typically keeps them there for 3-4 hours...here in Indy. ID's DO NOT get reported to NICS. An ID forces them to see a doctor at a hospital. They are generally not admitted but released from there. Now you can apply for a "Mental Writ" which is a Judge's order (like a warrant) for us to pick them up and transport them to a facility to be admitted. That takes a Judge, a doctor, and family, in a hearing to have this work. That might hit NICS.

Right on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

As far as arrests, we are assuming that someone witnessed him commit these. It is quite possible that they "knew" he had done these but could not "prove" it. Caller: "I know the kid next door shot my window with a BB gun." Me: "Did anyone witness him?" Caller: "No". Me: "Unfortunately it is not what we know, but what we can prove. I can take a report but without a witness, there will be nothing else we can do." This happens A LOT.

And in all of this there is a trail and possible evidence the Sheriff let way to much slide to keep his bottom line.

Last edited:

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    The number of households with a firearm has stayed pretty steady over the last several years. There has been a pretty noticeable spike in purchases, but it would appear it was mostly existing firearm owners buying more. There HAS been an uptick in minority owners, but, well, they are minorities, so don't impact the overall number a lot.

sgcossbzcei5hhmpeq0ryq.gif

percent_changes_since_1993_-_number_of_firearms_vs._gun_homicide_rate_1993-2013.png

That is probably the most racist thing I have read on here. Any minorities you hate more than others or are they all the same?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom