Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    On #6.......Kiss my........you know.

I would venture to bet most of us share your feelings on this.

I was surprised to learn that 32 states allow guns in schools. I wasn't expecting that at all. That being the case, I wonder if any school shootings have happened in states that allow guns to be carried. Also, just because it may be legal in those states I would wonder how many school districts have policies against it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Has anyone discussed what made this kid snap?

His adopted mother died recently.

But many of times police were called on him, it was by her. So their relationship was at least complicated.

For a rational mind to attempt to understand the motives of the irrational is... Well... Irrational.:dunno:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Be patient. The first amendment was not passed to work at the speed of light like your phone. The printers at Google are working as fast as they can and then you will have to wait on the Pony Express to deliver that important information.

51ee4f471e43591150e8cb1314fb0a7c--letter-press-printing-press.jpg

the kids have phones too .....gun laws not information in 1776.....they said when the 2a was written the gun laws are the same then as they are now....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His adopted mother died recently.

But many of times police were called on him, it was by her. So their relationship was at least complicated.

For a rational mind to attempt to understand the motives of the irrational is... Well... Irrational.:dunno:

I get that, but why did he choose to take down the school. Logically, if you can even say that about this, it would make more sense if he shot up the hospital where his mother went. This guy went to specific rooms right? Why did he pick those particular rooms. Given that people are saying it's likely a death penalty case, they're probably something we haven't been told.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Im seeing a lot of interviews with kids from the school, including the newest anti gun spokesman Hogg, talking about how at first they just thought it was the active shooter drill that was to take place. Anyone else seeing/hearing about this. And if this is true there should of been plenty of police presence around i would think.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Im seeing a lot of interviews with kids from the school, including the newest anti gun spokesman Hogg, talking about how at first they just thought it was the active shooter drill that was to take place. Anyone else seeing/hearing about this. And if this is true there should of been plenty of police presence around i would think.

Not really. You can go through the drill without having police present.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Not really. You can go through the drill without having police present.

A couple of the kids mentioned police and firing blanks, maybe from a prior drill? Idk. Some things seem a little strange. The Hogg kids interview was on Msnbc but i cant get it linked

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A couple of the kids mentioned police and firing blanks, maybe from a prior drill? Idk. Some things seem a little strange. The Hogg kids interview was on Msnbc but i cant get it linked

Well, speaking from my own experiences, there's a difference between police active shooter trainings, and active shooter drills. The former will have a significant police presence, while the other typically only includes SROs. An active shooter drills can be as simple, as intercom announcement, an SRO firing blanks, the kids running into rooms, and the school being locked down.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone discussed what made this kid snap?

I have wondered about this as well. I also wonder if he actually targeted specific rooms or if they were just closest to the stairwell and exit.

I recall the reports were he had wanted to enlist in the military after school, but he had been expelled. So, I speculate it may have precented him from being able to do that. Again just my speculation

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have wondered about this as well. I also wonder if he actually targeted specific rooms or if they were just closest to the stairwell and exit.

I recall the reports were he had wanted to enlist in the military after school, but he had been expelled. So, I speculate it may have precented him from being able to do that. Again just my speculation

Being an outcast loner I am sure the students were not kind to him. Possibly names called etc. He may have been looking for specific students. Still a lot to learn here.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    After wasting many hours trying to educate zealots and the willfully ignorant on the book of face (and maybe reaching a few yet-open minds), this was my conclusional rant:

RANT: It is getting really tiring defending our Constitutional government and telling the same people the same things over and over again. Strong emotions + ignorance = bad policy. Strong emotions are understandable at the present time. I love my children and hurt for bereaved families. But ignorance? So many can’t tell an assault rifle from an “assault weapon,” “the right of the people” from the enumerated powers of the state, semi-auto from full auto, what’s required when you buy a firearm, the government definition of a machine gun, what a bump stock actually does and how you don’t need one to get the same effect, how the NRA is made up of your neighbors and is not some monolithic evil corporation, that the NRA spends less money and has less influence than unions and progressive PACs, that feet and hands kill way more people than rifles, how difficult, rare and expensive it is to own a full auto firearm, how rarely the current laws are enforced, ad nauseum.

Negotiating from a position of ignorance is not a good place in which to put yourself. You wouldn’t dream of discussing calculus or quantum physics or organic chemistry with a practitioner of these without some knowledge of the subject (unless you are post-modernist; then it seems ignorance is a virtue). Why would you presume to make laws about things you don’t understand? That will not end well.

A fanatic is someone who won’t change his mind and won’t change the subject. I am quite willing to change my mind if the proposed solution will: respect due process, comply with the Constitution, prevent future occurrences, and would have prevented past events if that solution was in place at the time.

All of this.

They don't have even a clue.
    then get mad and accuse you of being callus and don't like kids.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I get that, but why did he choose to take down the school. Logically, if you can even say that about this, it would make more sense if he shot up the hospital where his mother went. This guy went to specific rooms right? Why did he pick those particular rooms. Given that people are saying it's likely a death penalty case, they're probably something we haven't been told.

Probably because a school was a softer target and a target rich environment, plus more victims could potentially die on their way to the hospital as opposed to shooting people inside the hospital.

Maybe he targetted some specific kids that he knew personally, it was reported that he made threats against other students in the past.

Or maybe the list of target was based on people he hated (which is pretty much everybody) like blacks, jews, immigrants, police officers, antifa, Muslims.

Police said Cruz holds "extremist" views and social media accounts believed to be linked to him contain anti-black and anti-Muslim slurs.[SUP][40][/SUP] Cruz's YouTube videos included violent threats, such as "I wanna die Fighting killing s**t ton of people", threats against police officers and Antifa, and an admiration of the University of Texas tower shooting

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I heard the father of one of the victims say his daughter was shot 7 times. I'm not a professional profiler, but that seems personal.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I heard the father of one of the victims say his daughter was shot 7 times. I'm not a professional profiler, but that seems personal.

....and being on Valentines Day....

I just pray the boys in general population return the favor ten fold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom