Not open for further replies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Ok.

Some of you may have noticed that I link the BBC quite a bit.

It boggles my mind how they could come up with "AR-17." I could understand a variant of AR-15/-16/-47 (yes, see that every once in awhile). But AR-17 is just completely wrong.

I blame Jimmy Carter and the Metric system.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I blame Jimmy Carter and the Metric system.

Some European reporters do have trouble with Imperial measurements and guns.

Since most gun calibers are expressed in milimeters they get confused when some don't end in "mm".

I've seen articles talking about someone being shot with a "45mm" handgun (that would be one huge gun!), instead of a ".45", or "12mm shotguns" instead of "12 gauge".

It would be simplier if all calibers used the metric system.
    In Europe a popular name for a .45 is "11.43", same caliber in milimeter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Some European reporters do have trouble with Imperial measurements and guns.

Since most gun calibers are expressed in milimeters they get confused when some don't end in "mm".

I've seen articles talking about someone being shot with a "45mm" handgun (that would be one huge gun!), instead of a ".45", or "12mm shotguns" instead of "12 gauge".

It would be simplier if all calibers used the metric system.
    In Europe a popular name for a .45 is "11.43", same caliber in milimeter.

STOP!

MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lest you thing we don't have our own wingnuts....

DREHER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Parents are expressing concern after a church announced it will hold a gun blessing ceremony next week and worshipers are encouraged to bring assault weapons with them.
    Pennsylvania church plans to bless worshipers? assault rifles | WGN-TV

If I was a member of that church, I would walk out as soon as the pastors proposed this. A church is about saving souls, and theres no room for competition.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :tinfoil:

[video]http://www.*****ute.com/video/CJchS4oRDeH3/[/video]

[edit, really word filter? insert the letters b i t c h in place of those stars to create the word bit chute]

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    someone needs to tell these kids you can't buy a AR for $130.00....and some adult needs to tell them the gun laws.....they are not the same as in 1776....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    More and more media is pointing out the obvious coaching these kids have had by their anti-gun handlers.

The Administration is acting very smartly, not dismissing these young gullible darlings.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    After wasting many hours trying to educate zealots and the willfully ignorant on the book of face (and maybe reaching a few yet-open minds), this was my conclusional rant:

RANT: It is getting really tiring defending our Constitutional government and telling the same people the same things over and over again. Strong emotions + ignorance = bad policy. Strong emotions are understandable at the present time. I love my children and hurt for bereaved families. But ignorance? So many can’t tell an assault rifle from an “assault weapon,” “the right of the people” from the enumerated powers of the state, semi-auto from full auto, what’s required when you buy a firearm, the government definition of a machine gun, what a bump stock actually does and how you don’t need one to get the same effect, how the NRA is made up of your neighbors and is not some monolithic evil corporation, that the NRA spends less money and has less influence than unions and progressive PACs, that feet and hands kill way more people than rifles, how difficult, rare and expensive it is to own a full auto firearm, how rarely the current laws are enforced, ad nauseum.

Negotiating from a position of ignorance is not a good place in which to put yourself. You wouldn’t dream of discussing calculus or quantum physics or organic chemistry with a practitioner of these without some knowledge of the subject (unless you are post-modernist; then it seems ignorance is a virtue). Why would you presume to make laws about things you don’t understand? That will not end well.

A fanatic is someone who won’t change his mind and won’t change the subject. I am quite willing to change my mind if the proposed solution will: respect due process, comply with the Constitution, prevent future occurrences, and would have prevented past events if that solution was in place at the time.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    someone needs to tell these kids you can't buy a AR for $130.00....and some adult needs to tell them the gun laws.....they are not the same as in 1776....

Be patient. The first amendment was not passed to work at the speed of light like your phone. The printers at Google are working as fast as they can and then you will have to wait on the Pony Express to deliver that important information.

51ee4f471e43591150e8cb1314fb0a7c--letter-press-printing-press.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom