Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    22219818_10155817408737700_2825329357663577904_o.png.jpg

Nancy needs to put on them boots and keep on walkin'...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Watching the news early this morning. Kiss bump/slide stocks goodbye. Their days are numbered. The question will be what democrats and Bernie will try to slide into the bill introduced yesterday that inflicts (un)intended consequences. I would expect the Gatling crank to get sucked in as this proceeds. Bills don't move that quickly through Congress. I've little doubt someone will point it out as another device to accomplish the same goal.

I would rather see the ATF decision reversed or revised making them NFA Class 3 devices than a Congressional Act which could potentially be much more severe. It is simpler and could put them into the same class as an AR platform with a RDIAS lower. Doing nothing about these devices isn't an option. It's a matter of what does happen with them and how it's implemented.

John

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Watching the news early this morning. Kiss bump/slide stocks goodbye. Their days are numbered. The question will be what democrats and Bernie will try to slide into the bill introduced yesterday that inflicts (un)intended consequences. I would expect the Gatling crank to get sucked in as this proceeds. Bills don't move that quickly through Congress. I've little doubt someone will point it out as another device to accomplish the same goal.

I would rather see the ATF decision reversed or revised making them NFA Class 3 devices than a Congressional Act which could potentially be much more severe. It is simpler and could put them into the same class as an AR platform with a RDIAS lower. Doing nothing about these devices isn't an option. It's a matter of what does happen with them and how it's implemented.

John

I'm not sure I would want to see the precedent set that the ATF can simply add things to the NFA whenever the media demands that something be done. I would prefer sticking to getting laws passed rather than leaving it to the bureaucracy to decide what is best for us. The definition of "Destructive Device" could be expanded quite a bit once you start down that road.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not sure I would want to see the precedent set that the ATF can simply add things to the NFA whenever the media demands that something be done. I would prefer sticking to getting laws passed rather than leaving it to the bureaucracy to decide what is best for us. The definition of "Destructive Device" could be expanded quite a bit once you start down that road.

Indeed. Next thing you know, these will be added to "the list". After all, I know from watching a lot of remodeling shows on HGTV that the primary purpose of these is destruction! :nailbite:

31EU6tYMd5L._SX355_.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Interesting thought. It is my understanding the ATF made the decision in 2010 that it was legal after evaluating it based on some aspects of how it affected reliable rifle use. Is it not within their prerogative to revisit that if they feel their original evaluation was flawed?

Related is my discovery this morning that Diane Feinstein introduced legislation in 2012 specifically banning the bump stock and the Gatling crank and any other devices designed to accomplish what they do. It obviously when nowhere. I suspect this may be what got dusted off in a hurry yesterday.

John

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Indeed. Next thing you know, these will be added to "the list". After all, I know from watching a lot of remodeling shows on HGTV that the primary purpose of these is destruction! :nailbite:

31EU6tYMd5L._SX355_.jpg

Well well there was a photo of the killer's hammer in one of the hotel room photos. Some news chick referred to it as a "tactical hammer".

Top Bottom